1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Are the Cavs really gonna get love, cyberx?

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So we actually went for him? Interesting. I remember somebody here saying that Rashard "hates the rockets" and wouldn't even pick them if they wanted him. Any truth to that?

3. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Mchale seems like an awesome guy. Would be a blast to grab a beer and listen to his celtics stories.

Doesn't mean a darn thing for coaching though

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

He's a great guy. Morey also thinks since he was a "winner" he could instil that into his players

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea he hates the rockets. we promised to pick him up in the draft but we passed on him twice

6. houactuar

houactuar Member

Ironic.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

McHale is a figure head. A lot of players want to play for him.

The Rockets need to hire a strong assistant coach to 'coach'.

When JVG was coach here, there were rumors that it was Tibs that was really the coach. Rockets need someone like this. I don't think Finch is the answer.

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

The Mavs lost some very important and underrated players that contributed to their success. They've lost 2 guys who shot over 40% from the 3 point line in Calderon and Carter. They've lost Blair and Dalembert and will also probably lose Marion. Unless Parsons has another gear that we haven't seen that will allow him to live up to his 15 million dollar contract, I would say that it could be a wash at best. Calderon, Carter, Blair, and Dalembert all played very well in the playoffs and shot lights out. Blair and Dalembert were monsters on the glass too.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

From what I know...Morey wanted to tear McHale's head off towards the end of the season because of the lack of D...and McHale kept putting blame on the fact that we lost Sampson.

Im not at all an insider, but I do hang out with an ex-Rocket from time to time and I hear stories bc the ex player golfs with some current coaches on the staff.

10. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I agree. McHale isn't going anywhere so we need to find a badass assistant coach that can guide him in the right direction. He sucks at in game situations. It was highlighted in the playoffs for everyone to see.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

info from cyberex today:
    - bev is going to germany possibly

Does this make him trade fodder? Is he damaged good discussion.

- the other piece of news is that cyberex thinks mchale is probably not the right guy and doesnt think he should still be the coach.

So the question for cyberex on that is how long a rope does mchale have? Also why does it matter if morey and mchale are tied at the hip..isn't it alexanders decision too? Seems like cyberex is indicating that morey rules the roost over there.

hey sorry cyberex.. Little touchy over here about hearing about the mavericks and any news regarding them. I won't tell you why.

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

What's the deal with Drew. Why is the heat off of him?

The guy needs to get flamed :mad:

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

i've seen an interview where barkley discussed how players don't like playing in their hometowns because they get constantly hit by friends and relatives for money and tickets.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No reason to flame somebody that had little credibility to begin with. If he comes through, I'll gladly eat crow, but there was no reason to buy into it in the first place.

15. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Nothing????? :mad:

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Days not over yet, remember the Harden trade happened at like 10 at night (at the end of October).

17. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

Being a cool guy is the last thing a coach should do. The only guy call out on your star player is minimum paid one, its interesting

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Morey has gotta guy who is ok with his moneyball stuff

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You can't instill "winner" into a loser. You have to trade the loser.

20. Fantasma Negro

Hey Cyber, any news on the Mike Brown hiring status? I think his addition could do more to improve this team than a splashy acquisition right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.