1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CWebb: "I love it here."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JeffB, Mar 5, 2001.

1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<quote>C-Webb reprise: Chris Webber ended a two-week silence to tell the Sacramento Bee that people greatly underestimate his true feelings about Tomato Town, and that the flirting with other teams will now cease.

"I think people think I'm going, because in their hearts that's what they would do," he said. "(But) I love it here. And out of this whole interview, that's going to be the smallest part of what people remember me saying -- that I love it here. I'm not a fool, you know, and love is a big word."</quote>

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/dave_dalessandro/20010304.html

------------------

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, Hakeem went from hate to love in a flash. I guess Webber can have vacillations of the heart, too.

Anything can happen. He could be covering for his former lapses. He could be privy to Sacramento working out a (summer) deal for Payton, who wouldn't mind playing near Oakland (although Seattle should ship him East). Who knows.

------------------

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What is his problem, anyway? The goof's been saying every city short of Istanbul would be a great fit for him and now he expects us to say "ok" when he says he's staying? He needs to lay off that weed...

...he's annoying.

------------------
    "I was arrested for sexual assault involving an elderly man and I was out in 35 minutes." -- Achebe - programmer by day, geriatric ass grabber by night. As(s?) a side note, he did state he was cleared of charges.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This is called "throwing off the scent". He's trying to life the pressure off of him to make a decision so that he won't have to keep answering the same, tired questions. I doubt his mind has been made up.

------------------
    Rocks2001 in disguise. . .

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

RocksMillenium,
    Exactly.
    As tired as people are of hearing him answer this question, we must remember he's just human. He needs to deflect attention so that he can concentrate on the season. Personally, I doubt he'll stay the next seven years in Sacramento. But he can't burn that bridge just yet.

With his long lay-off, I'm sure his Sacramento buddies have been working on him a bit, and his agent has without-a-doubt told him how to play the game.

Come on, Chris. We got 12 million bucks for ya, bud. 12 million to start, 10 percent increases, 7 years, $112 million. The price is right!

Wow, $112,000,000 just to play basketball.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROXTXIA (edited March 06, 2001).]

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

You guys seriously didnt' expect him to say "I hate it here" did you ? I would bet alot of money that he is not gonna be in Sacramento next season.

------------------
    "Hey Snoop Dog, I got my bi-yatch to make you some muffins."