1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuttino really has no idea what he is doing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Jul 20, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Rockets showed they cared by not taking a shooting gaurd in the draft and now Cuttino wants to leave to toronto. Cuttino said he wants to make the all star team one day, good luck making it you son of a b****. [​IMG]

I have no idea what is in his mind , if he wants to start in houston then I think Rudy should let him start. Steves best buddy is leaving town and this is not good sign for the rockets.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Francis3-
    I can tell you are quite disappointed. Just take a deep breathe and calm down. It will be ok. Cuttino hasnt even left yet. THings arent looking good, but maybe you should wait until he signs with someone else before going on a rampage. Even then, just remember that Cuttino is not the integral part of our rebuilding process. He will never be more than one of the best 6th men in the league playing here. It is that simple. Even if Shandon didnt have a starting clause, he woud still be starting as he plays a better ALL-AROUND game. IF Cuttino must go, the ngo he must. He can be replaced because in my mind he is not an allstar caliber player yet and he can therefor be replaced.

As far as Steve goes, I dont think Cuttino leaving will in any way make Steve want to leave someday. There is no possible way the Rockets can accomadate Cuttino's wishes. They can try their hardest to convince him to stay, but they cant give him a starting spot. Steve recognizes that and wont be hurt. I think this will be good for him as instead of seeing the ball in CUttinos hands at the end of the game, Steve will begin to learn how to play smart ball down the stretch.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I see what you are saying , I just hate losing cuttino.

What will it take to get Derek Anderson?

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Whoa!

There is only press supposition. Noone knows yet what Mobes will do. But he probably does come in and read what everyone's thinking, and comments like this might be what tips him to going instead of staying.

You can say the same thing without being insulting him. This could all just be a show so the league doesn't come down on the Rockets for tampering.

Stay cool...

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

You think I should edit my post before he comes and reads it? [​IMG]

------------------

John Rocker

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Chances of getting Derek Anderson=slim to none.

I still like working a deal with Chicago to land Fizer and HAwkins (to take his contract and to try and replace CUttino).

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

7. Thanos

Thanos Member

I don´t think so. Cuttino is a liability on defense and Shandon is contractually guaranteed the starting spot.

A player should not blackmail his team to become a starter, that should happen naturally *or not* , i guess.

If he chooses to seek his luck elsewhere, shame on him and he will regret doing so in the long run.

The raptors are an old team with a coach who doesn´t really clicks anymore.

------------------
    "Never underestimate the heart of a champion"

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There is no such thing as a starting clause in a contract. Shandon came here because the starting job was open. However, Rudy T could bench Shandon if he wanted to.

Francis3,

Why do we need another shooting guard? We have Shandon Anderson, who, IMO, is better and much less injury prone than Derek Anderson.

We should go after a 3, 4, or 5, not another shooting guard.

------------------
    Going for the Rolls Royce!

visit www.swirve.com

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Shandon is not that scorer the rockets need. He doesnt score all the time , he is a great player but he isnt all that you guys make him seem. [​IMG] He is a garbage man, does all the other stuff.

Houston needs scoring and Im going to wonder how the rockets will get that next year. Derek Anderson can play the 3 sometimes and he does it really good.

Hakeem/Cato
    Thomas/Rogers/ Collier
    Williams/ Langhi
    Anderson/?
    Francis/Norris

------------------

John Rocker

10. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Aren't these the same quotes from Mobley that were used in the Chronicle article? There are 2 spins on the same quotes with no new information between the articles.

I've got an idea though, why don't we all just tell Cuttino what a &%#$@ ^@#@!@&@ @(#)# he is for considering Toronto. That should convince him to stay.

------------------
    Bad spellers of the world: UNTIE!

11. wink3

wink3 Member

Just wait and everyone will see that Shandon will become a consistent offensive threat this year should Cuttino hit his @$$ on the way out of Houston.

Shandon would disappear a lot early in the season but the last quarter of the year he really found his niche in the offense. Shandon was able to put up great numbers on offense with hardly as much field goal attempts as Cuttino.
    And I hardly remember any plays called just for Shandon either, he was able to score in the last game of the season completely through the flow of the offense. (35 pts.against Vancouver)
    With one less Cat on the roster next year, look for "the garbage man" to have a much larger and reprised role on the offensive end.

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

All I can say is I can't wait for August 1 becuause you guys are freakin' me out with all the wierd, pissed off stuff you are posting.

None of us knows anything about anything and yet many of you are ready to call for the heads of players for betraying us. Geez! Take it easy.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's what you get for being the only admin to not lay low while the board goes goofy during the off-season. [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

14. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Yeah Jeff, you should have gone to Haiti or hiatus (however you spell it) like Clutch and oielpere did [​IMG]

------------------
    "Get up, stand up. Stand up for your right"-Bob Marley

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Yeah Jeff, go and save something, maybe BBS or the rockets Defense or our offseason, anything just save it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Stuff BBS, the Rockets and you guys

It's all Clippers these days, come join the bandwagon and visit

http://www.ClippersCity.net

16. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I think Cuttino will stay. He has to see how the Rockets have rewarded players for loyalty once they earn their Bird rights.

Thats just my opinion.

------------------
    Kentucky or bust!

17. alaskansnowman

I would hate for Cuttino to leave. With him gone, we lose our Portland-esque depth at the shooting guard.

But if he leaves, I wont blame him. I think that ultimately the reason he might leave is becuz of a guaranteed contract, so if he gets injured, he'll still get paid. He knows it could all be gone with 1 injury, so he wants his payday before it happens.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

18. wink3

wink3 Member

I just can't stand Mobley's statement about how it's not about money and if it were then he would be a Clipper(which makes no sense).

If it was never about the money then it would be an absolute no-brainer! I know he hasn't made his decision, but if he does sign with the Raptors, I really don't want to hear him make up some BS about how his decision was never financially motivated and how he's just a huge Blue Jay's fan.

------------------
    I'm not clumsy, I just have to know my surroundings.