1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuttino Mobley should be the vocal leader

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Aug 31, 2000.

1. DJ

DJ Member

I feel the that the vocal leader for the Rockets should be Cuttino Mobley. I feel so because Cuttino Mobley can call out plays for his teammates he talks to his teammates about what to do better and he is capable of scoring 20 points per game.
    Other Possiblities for the vocal leader:
    Steve Francis-he is already the team leader the main guy and it would be too much pressure on him to be the vocal leader.
    Shandon Anderson-he is too quiet
    Maurice Taylor-possibility
    Walt Williams-possibility because he has veteran experience
    Hakeem Olajuwon-possibility like Walt Williams he can provide veteran leadership to the younger guys on the team

------------------

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I vote for HPee, cause he has a real long DSL line [​IMG]

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Cuttino I also think should be the vocal leader. Walt Williams also can because the players look up to him. Hakeem cant because they wont understand what he says.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

4. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Let me get this straight.

1. We have the court leader in Stevie.
    2. The spiritual leader in Hakeem.
    3. The happy positive leader in Carlos.
    4. The court jester in Matt the Bull.
    5. The gameday leader in Rudy.
    6. The trade, management and player personnel leader in CD
    7. We have Walt and he leads ... well he leads ... he leads in something, I'm just not sure what, probably most embarassing moments historian or something.
    8. We have the token white bread Opie from Mayberry leader in Bryce Drew.
    9. The leader of the CBA players association (Houston Chapter) with the Mooch.
    10. The strong silent leader with a barbell peirced through his lower lip, and repersenting all the athletic, black, gothic mode punkers in Shandon.

NOW SOMEONE IS SUGGESTING WE NEED A TITLE FOR CUTTINO?

We got to vote on this before we start assigning titles,man. Suppose someone who is in fact louder than Mobes gets traded to the Rocks? Huh? Did you ever think about that? Are you crazy or something?

THIS HAS GOT TO GO THROUGH SOME CHANNELS,MAN.

[​IMG]

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Steve Francis shoule be the vocal leader, at least after next year.

Dream next year has to teach and talk to the young guys, especially in long streaks (winning or losing) and down the stretch and hopefully the playoffs.

But then it's Steve's turn. I saw Scottie talking to guys on the Bulls about plays and stuff but MJ was the one who got in their faces and demanded the best. It wouldn't have sounded the same coming from a p***y like Pippen. Steve has to be the leader in every way, with guidance from Shandon, Walt, and the Cat also.

------------------

6. Rocket JJANG

Rocket JJANG Member

It will be mightmare for other members of the team to hear Francis and Cat talking to you every second.

------------------
    Hack a Shaq you'll be winning
    Hack-him you'll be dreaming.

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yeah it will be a mightmare.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

8. DJ

DJ Member

Francis3,
    Why did you say the guys won't understand Hakeem Olajuwon.

------------------

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Because I cant, so I know that they cant either. [​IMG]

------------------

John Rocker

10. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Great idea. He can be there to berate his teammates whenever they start playing selfishly, take bad shots, and get torched on D. A little hypocracy goes a long way.

Any others big ideas?

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight