1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry's the best right now

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jan 23, 2016.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Ok, so now, instead of a player's label changing game-by-game, it's now changing possession-by-possession.

Think about what you're saying. Can you honestly expect to have a discussion with someone when your definitions change on a possession by possession basis?

That's why your definition is wrong. It's so narrow that it's understood only by you. You may think my definition is too broad, but that's how labels work.

My scoring analogy is fine. You dislike it only b/c it highlights how ridiculous your logic is.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Anyone still arguing that Curry isn't a weak defender obviously hasn't been watching basketball games when he has actually had to guard someone. Well, I'll be fair. You certainly can't argue that he didn't look like a weak defender over the last few rounds, when he actually had to play some defense.

Warriors have capspace this summer, so maybe they will bring in another player to cover for him on that side of the ball. Next year the league should allow GS to get away with all the BS they did in the regular season as well, so he will likely look great again until teams start letting the guys be physical. Great thing for him he's playing post rule changes.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

obviously someone still doesn't get it. sorry your knowledge isn't wide enough to understand something like this. you would probably need to experience the full capacity of an organized game both from the players and coaches pov to get the different uses to terms relative to game situations.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep. Obviously.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Even if you (somehow) think Curry is good at defense, even the most staunch Curry supporters should know how ludicrous it is that he was given All-Defense votes.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

let me know if you want to come check out a game or two where you can actually listen, hear, & see how different terms are used in game plans and in game situations. sounds like it would be a good learning experience for you

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It means I'm not rooting for him. The commentators thought that most of the calls were legit as well.

He played the 2nd half without restrictions due to fouls. He was a total no show.

It's true. If you're healthy enough to score 17 points in OT, then no excuses.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/z3qEjJfBUo">pic.twitter.com/z3qEjJfBUo</a></p>&mdash; LetsGoWarriors (@LetsGoWarriors) <a href="https://twitter.com/LetsGoWarriors/status/746139607419469825">June 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i don't think curry is a great defender, based on some of the numbers against westbrook and kyrie, curry doesn't look that bad. i think at one point in the finals, maybe after game 6, someone mentioned curry was scoring 1.37 PPP against kyrie and kyrie was only scoring 0.87 PPP against curry. and i think westbrook didn't do particularly well against curry either.

he's probably at least an average defender. he's just the weakest link on gs. and maybe more importantly, he's the head of the snake on offense and i think people are willing to hurt their offense slightly by isolating against curry just to wear him out for offense. i have to think cleveland was willing to go at curry all the time just as part of a long-term strategy to wear him out, not so much because it was always the best offensive option (because i think the numbers tend to say that isolations are rarely the best play).

it's possible gs needs to think about that in the future and be willing to not do things on defense that leave curry constantly guarding people, because as we've seen throughout history, it's hard to have the energy to always plays defense and always play offense. if you commit to switches that mean the offense knows they can produce a mismatch that they want, you might have to work harder to prevent that (just like ezeli switched on to lebron).

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Some people can't wrap their minds around the fact that Curry can't play as well when things get physical. Quit complaining about the holding and grabbing when both Green and Bogut are suiting up for the Warriors.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Curry struggled in the last 2 series with his consistency b/c he had to guard more. Defense drains you. There's a reason most offensive players don't play defense as much. That's why we have to give more respect to guys like Lebron, Leonard, Klay... They play both ends at a high level, which is extremely hard to do consistently.

WB and Kyrie went at him; both teams tried to pick him out to go at him. I think he tried hard defensively, but it just drained him too much and thus it hurt his offense

13. Harden's beard