1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Curry responds to questions about Trump/Kerr and dodges China

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Oct 9, 2019.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I don't have any expectations of Kerr or Curry to say anything meaningful, but I love that Morey got these two indirectly ensnared in this. Lol.

#21 dc rock, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Not a fan of Steph or his team, but he handled this the best I've seen. He acknowledged it is a controversy and that he doesn't have all of the facts, and left it at that. I doubt most people in the NBA even with Chinese sponsors have a complete grasp on the emotions of the Chinese currently. As someone who supports HK, I didn't think Yao would be so "heated" I was expecting him to upset, but not absolutely livid to the point he won't talk to the Rockets.That just means I don't fully understand the situation, so I think Steph is being honest here. Even if he were not, its better he not say anything because maybe he can handle the extra pressure during the season, but is concerned for his family, his teammates, etc. Maybe its about money, but I can see him protecting his family from the backlash and potential threats they could receive.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Bogut cracking up.

[​IMG]

(nmsl-a mom curse in Chinese)

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

LeBron James Put Onus Back On NBA To Articulate China Position Before Asking Players To

Adam Silver spent time speaking to the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets together in China about their ongoing issues following Daryl Morey's Tweet supporting Hong Kong.

Silver said he believed players should face the media and support the NBA's openness toward freedom of discussion.

LeBron James spoke up and said he believed Silver and the NBA needed to explain and articulate their position first before the players would have to.

“Adam deserves a lot of credit because instead of forcing these players in front of cameras in China, he worked with everyone in the room and heard them out,” one person involved in the meeting said.

James then led a joint players-only meeting after the session with Silver.

“Why are we the ones to go through the risks of speaking out in China when the league should be the first to address the matter, with our voices to follow?” said one source with knowledge of the meeting and the players’ thinking in regard to James’ message.

6. dejamike

dejamike Member

I’m Chinese and also own an AR-15, damn I am the scum of the world.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  7. dejamike

dejamike Member

When the players said “risks”, they meant the Chinese money will stop coming to their pockets right?

Easy likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, he's worried about being abducted in China if he said something wrong. ;)

dejamike likes this.
  9. dejamike

dejamike Member

That’s what the people of Hong Kong is scare of.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

#30 J.R., Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019