1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry and Westbrook swapped teams at the beginning of 2016/17 season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, May 12, 2017.

1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Curry and Westbrook are two of the premiere PGs in the league. And they are around the same age and height and size. But their approach and style of game is very different. So what if at the beginning of 2016/17 season, you swapped Curry and Westbrook but otherwise the rest of the personnel remained the same.

Amongst many, here are some interesting questions:

Could Curry adjust to be much more ball dominant and selfish and play Westbrook style on OKC? If so how well would that work for the Thunder?

Or conversely, what if Curry was asked to try to play more or less his same game. Could that work for the Thunder?

Could Westbrook adjust to be much more off ball and could he succeed in doing so? If so how well would that work for the Warriors?

Or conversely, Westbrook isn't really asked to change his game much. Could that work for the Warriors?

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Two crucial questions:

1. Can the Warriors box out?

2. Can the Thunder set moving screens?

RiceRockets and Zboy like this.
  3. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

What would have happened if Marcus and Markeif swapped teams at the beginning of the season?

J.R. likes this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Durant would mail it in with the Warriors and then go join Curry in OKC for the start of the 2017/18 season

5. VBG

VBG Member

Westbrook -

Westbrook with the spacing from Klay and Durant would be pretty unstoppable. Having Draymond who can do a little bit of everything would be great. I don't think there's any question about on the ball Westbrook being amazing.

Where he would have to get better is off the ball. Curry is amazing off the ball. Westbrook has never shown that part of the game. Curry's pull also makes his teammates better.

I just think because the Warriors are so good, there wouldn't be much of a drop off if any. Crunch time questions would be present I guess.

Curry -

I think Curry would get blitzed on PnR and would actually struggle a little bit. There's just no great outlet to play with in OKC. He would be asked to do so much because of the lack of other playmakers.

Also worry if Curry can hold up to this kind of pressure just physically.

I see the Thunder being similar but Curry probably getting hurt. I don't think he can sustain 82 games of balls to the wall effort which is what a team like the Thunder need.

6. BandwagonRocket

I have seen zero evidence that Westbrook can run or be part of a structured offense.

#6 BandwagonRocket, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Durant stays in OKC. Thunder in the WCF with SC|&|KD.

Westbrook brings down GS; Kerr retires; Mike Brown is named head coach; Bob Myers is fired; Russell & Draymond get into a fight. Both are suspended 25 games for conduct detrimental to the team. Klay & Dray demand a trade & are granted their request. Despite being suspended 25 games & driving out Klay & Dray, Westbrook is named MVP as the Warriors are the 8th seed because he didn't have enough help.

;):rolleyes::confused:

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

who does harden get to swap teams with?

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Both teams would have to change their style quiet a bit, but I don't think any teams record changes too much. Wouldn't be shocked if Warriors and Thunder both won a few less games.

#9 oelman44, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

DMo?

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

that would be a lopsided swap in our favor.

Easy likes this.