1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Currently what is our single best trade asset excluding Howard/Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Aug 14, 2014.

?

Which single asset in this list has the most trade value?

1. Terrence

66 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. Donuts

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Beverley

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Pelies pick

118 vote(s)
    50.4%
  5. a future Rockets first round pick

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Canaan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. KPap

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Ariza

12 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. basketballholic

Which single asset in this list has the most trade value? In other words, if another team wants to trade with us, what single asset would they want the most not including Howard and Harden?

No, Ariza is not trade eligible until Dec. 15th but after that he will be.

I'm not going to influence this with my opinion for a while. I'd like to see how the poll and comments go concerning this before commenting.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The Asik pick.

3. Convictedstupid

KPap is up there right behind the pels pick. Young promising player with a sizable contract this year that is NGteed next year.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Pelican's pick. Picks always have potential, players always have warts, unless they are stars.

5. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pelican's pick. also, don't we still have a sizable trade exception? i'd rank that pretty high for a team looking to unload someone.

6. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

The Lin TPE and the un-guaranteed contracts should be in there.

They also have the highest likelihood of actually being traded.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Not really close. I thought T Jones at first because I was only thinking of players (title misleads you into that direction) then I saw draft picks. Easy selection

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1) pick
    2) jones
    3) pat

9. basketballholic

The TPE is not an asset that another team receives. It is simply a mechanism to help a team get rid of a contract they don't want.

Non-guaranteed contracts...may have value but it is short-lived.

If you're talking about non-guaranteed salary in 2015 that's another story. KPap being non-guaranteed next season increases his trade value..yes.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The NOP pick is slightly ahead of Jones in my book. Jones being slightly ahead of Motiejunas. I believe that the value of all three of those assets will rise throughout the season leading up to Feb.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Has to be Ariza. A late lotto pick normally won't get you a player of Ariza's caliber.

12. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Doesn't the answer depend on whom we are trading with?

13. basketballholic

Right now, today, we don't know if that pick is a late lottery pick or #4. What you're saying MAY become true later in the season..the pick may turn out to be a late lottery pick...but it's an unknown at this point.

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

jones is the best asset, how man picks from 7-14 (most likely outcome with the pick) end up better than tjones, my guess is its really small to get a starter in a top 10 team with that pick.

+ i guess you have to factor the draft class, eg 2013 bust class vs 2014 class. and also some teams like the 76'ers value picks higher right now compared to a team like the wolves

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Pellies pick is huge. Now, I know some think this team will be good enough to make the playoffs. Forget about that. AND...I can't see them getting through the season without a major injury. I would take the odds and bet money on that.

That said, DMo, at this point...The guy would be a rookie, if he'd gone to college and stayed all four years. He was a boom or bust guy IMO....and he's not going to be a bust. He's getting there. I know he's a polarizing player with many thinking "he sucks"....Again, DMo's always been on a different curve, due to his project status. Jones was always going to be more NBA ready, with less risk...and less upside. TJ was an excellent pick.....

DMo though... has always had an incredible array of post moves. He just needed to grow into his body/get stronger/fill out....The full court speed for a 7 footer is astonishing. He also has a very good J from downtown..just needs the minutes to develop the consistency. Eventually, he will pop it at 38-39%. And he is a good passer with a feel for the game that's on the come. Lastly, Donuts defense...that very defense that has been maligned...is becoming a strength..and will continue to improve to the point that it's above average..at minimum. He also can play the four or the five.

So, DMo was the 20th pick...and a major project. It's my contention that if he was put back into the draft NOW.....He would at least go top 10....probably top 5.

Both are great assets...we're looking good.

16. basketballholic

Trade value is what WE can get back. Which asset would get us the best player or best asset back?

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

While it's true that a lot of picks don't pan out, it doesn't seem that teams look at them that way.

18. iBleedRocketRed

Ariza is going to surprised the crap out of everyone on how much he can improve us..Just his perimeter defense alone..Not to mention his 3 point shot is on fire as of late..i can't wait till he shuts parsons down defensively nov 22!!!!!oh and by the way..NICK JOHNSON IS GOING TO BE AN ALLSTAR..have you seen how easy the game comes to this kid??he will be our starting PG by the time its all said and done..

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

1) Pick
    2) Capella
    3) Ariza

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

1) Pelicans pick is top asset - because it has the widest appeal - ie any team can use draft picks...
    2) To the right team... I gotta believe its PBev... if someone needs a cheap pg with defensive skills, then PBev would hold greater appeal than Pellies pick...
    3) Kostas is #3, being an untried commodity (on the nba level) he appeals on the 'potential' radar... Possibility he could be great - so more teams looking to gamble...
    4) TJ... mild to moderate appeal for a team with a particular need....
    5) Dmo (combo reasons from 4 and 5...)
    6) Ariza... he JUST signed... if a team desires his services, they could have offered more money without giving up assets...
    7) Cannan - nobody cares...

Capella prob goes #3 followed by Nick....