1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current Steph Curry or prime Dwyane Wade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Who was better?

1. Dwyane Wade

52 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Stephen Curry

32 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Who was the better player?

Steph is an offensive monster but 2006 Wade was basically unstoppable and was a great defender as well.

Who would you rather have on your team?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dwayne Wade could carry a team. Steph can not.

TheMystery008 and RedRedemption like this.
  3. War Machine

War Machine Member

Prime Wade, but it's really close. Like you said, he was an unstoppable force slashing to the rim and a monster down in the post too, and his defense was light years better than Curry's.

2015-16 Curry would be a better argument. I'd probably take that Curry over prime Wade. Arguably the best offensive season in NBA history outside of Wilt, all things considered.

#3 War Machine, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

It's very close, but I'm gonna have to go with Bobby Brown

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Really depends on how the rest of my team is built, IMO. I'd rather pair Curry with another star(s), but if one of them is my lone All-Star, I think D-Wade can create his own offense and carry a team better than Steph can. Tough to say though, since we haven't seen prime Steph on his own.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I just had an argument with my favorite Utah Jazz fan coworker for a long time about whether Curry was the greatest offensive player of all time. That's his claim. My argument was that you can't compare guys across generations because of how much the game has evolved.

Anyway, he would laugh this thread to scorn. But like someone already said, could Steph carry a team? Put him on the Sacramento Kings; are they an 8th seed? We know Westbrook or Harden have taken mediocre teams to the playoffs.

7. BackdoorHarden

Dwayne Wade carried Miami to a Championship without any other All-Stars.

Curry had 2 All NBA players and still couldn't win a championship.

Wade will be recognized as All time great. Curry will go down as a better Mike Bibby playing with 3 Hall of Famers that carried him

8. BackdoorHarden

Curry carried his team to 24 wins before Draymond Green and Klay started playing with him.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's not completely fair. But it does really annoy me that Steph won an MVP.

rocketman84 likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Steph curry. The whole "carry" argument is stupid. Surround Curry with a good cast and instead of being just championship caliber he has the entire team become one of the most unstoppable in NBA history.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll go with Wade. It's funny watching the majority of people here give him respect now, probably because the comparison is against the much-hated Curry.

napalm06 likes this.
  12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Dwyane Wade is probably my favorite basketball player of all time. That being said, in today's NBA, I'd give the slightest of edges to Curry. However, if I had to choose one to win me ONE game for all the marbles, I'd take prime Wade.

14. BackdoorHarden

Wade prime averaged 30 points, 8 assists, 1.5 blocks, 5 rebounds, 2 steal and shot 50% FG.

Wade carried a team of old ass like Payton, White Cococc, Antonio Chapter 11 White Walker, etc.

15. BackdoorHarden

Curry never won a Final MVP. Anyone can get to the final carried by his All Star teammates, but only greats like Lebron, KD, and Wade can get FINAL MVP.

2005–2006: Championship season

In the summer of 2005, Riley brought in veteran free agent Gary Payton from the Boston Celtics, and also brought in James Posey, Jason Williams and Antoine Walker via trades.[11] After a disappointing 11–10 start to the 2005–06 season, Riley relieved Van Gundy of his duties and took back the head coaching job. T

The Heat made it to the Conference Finals in 2006 and in a re-match, defeated the Pistons, winning the series 4–2. Making its first NBA Finals appearance, they played the Dallas Mavericks, who won the first two games in Dallas in routs. The Heat then won the next four games, capturing its first ever championship. Wade won the Finals MVP award.[12]

16. rockets13champs

U high?

17. BackdoorHarden

He's definitely high. Wade is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender.

It's like comparing Chris Jackson and Dwaye Wade

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

People seem to forget, because they don't like the Mavs, that the title wade won in 06 (with Shaq) was at the minimum tainted with the officiating. He got sent to the line anytime he wanted cause it was fixed. I can't stand curry and despise the warriors but this is a joke of a thread.

rm365 and DudeWah like this.
  19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

They also had Shaq, who hadn't fallen completely off the cliff yet. I was in South Florida at the time and it was incredible what Wade did, but don't act like that team sucked. They also had a young UD and Posey on top of solid veteran all stars.

DudeWah likes this.
  20. omgTHEpotential

Prime Wade ~ 2015-16 Curry
    Prime Wade > 2016-17 Curry
    Old ass Wade >>>>>>> Old ass Curry