1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current Roster and needs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brown Lost It, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Capela/NeNe
    Anderson
    Ariza
    Harden/Gordon
    Paul/Harden

Hartenstein, Onuaku, And Yi are rookies. If one can play this season that's great. Right now, I see a hole at the 5 considering NeNe cant play back to backs. We could also use a PF and a SF. Millsap would be perfect considering he can play both. Lastly, we need a back up PG. You can usually find good, cheap ones in free agency, but this year is the weakest I have ever seen in that respect.

Outside of shooting guard, we need more depth with glaring holes at the 3-5. Center is usually the hardest to fill which is why we were wuick to sign NeNe. If just one of those rookies can contribute I will say we might be ok. If Harden or Paul miss a game we will be thin at PG.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So you just gonna leave out head recruiter Booby Brown like he don't matter

SMH

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The good thing is we have solid starters at every position, we just need Backups.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  5. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Trade Ryno, 2020 1st Rounder, and one of the overseas guys to ATL for Paul Millsap
    Sign Ibaka to the MLE
    Sign Collison to the BAE
    Sign Korver to Vet Min

CP3/Collison
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Korver
    Millsap/Ibaka
    Capela/Nene

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Ariza / Troy Williams

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We need another stretch 4 that can rebound to compliment Ryan Anderson. We haven't found a ala suns Shawn Marion type of player...

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

My hopes my July 4th

CP3/Harden/MCW
    Harden/Reddick
    Melo/Nick Young
    Ibaka or ariza/ josh smith/filler
    Capella/Nene

Let's unload Gordan and Anderson for Melo and cap space & try to convince ibaka and Reddick on the no state income tax for cheaper contract

9. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I think Paul/harden/Gordon will fill most of the guard minutes. Assuming there aren't any more blockbusters coming, I think our biggest needs are wing depth (Anderson and Ariza backups) and an insurance center (Nene is aging, has injuries, and didn't play b2bs). I'm a little concerned that we're prioritizing meetings with guys like CJ miles and MCW.

10. mightybosstone

I actually think the biggest hole on the roster all of last season (aside from a clear No. 2) has been the lack of depth and talent at the forward spots. So in that regard, I love the names that Morey has targeted in free agency thus far. The Rockets desperately need some athletic, physical guys who can play the 3 and/or 4 spot, and ideally could hit a 3-pointer every now and then.

Based on what we've heard so far, here's a list of guys the Rockets have contacted or have been tied to that fit that description:
    - Andre Iguodala
    - PJ Tucker
    - CJ Miles
    - Amir Johnson
    - James Johnson

I would love to add any one of those guys, and you could make a strong case that they could use two of them. Miles, Tucker or Iggy could play more of the SG/SF role, while either of the Johnsons could play a rich man's version of Dekker's SF/PF tweener position. But adding these guys would give D'Antoni so much more rotational flexibility and give them some much needed defense at the forward spots when Ariza needs a breather.

11. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Watch for Troy Williams to have a breakout year. He could be like Kent Bazemore.

12. macan

macan Member

we def need some more shooters plus one or two dirty work guys.

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Looks like we might need a new back-up center...

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Spencer Hawes

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We aren't signing any big names left, barring a Melo buyout. Lets accept that.
    Our starting line-up is
    CP / Harden / Ariza / Anderson / Capela

We've got Eric Gordon as our 6th man. We need a back up Center and a back up Forward. Even if we still figure out a way to bring back Nene we still need one more big man, maybe Amir Johnson. Can't decide if the forward should be more equipped to back up Ariza or Anderson, or try to get solid back ups for both with a 9 man rotation (not every game)
    I was so excited two days ago.....now I'm quite sure I'm going to be disappointed.

16. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Since nene's contract is in limbo, i wouldn't if morey went after pau gasol or zbo

Zoplicone likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Come to think of it if we keep Nene, Onuaku can be our third center.
    So just concentrate on back up PF's and SF's. I feel a back up PG is the least of our concerns barring health issues.
    Zbo + Nick Young is what I'd like to see (I'd like to see better but trying to be realistic.)

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need more position less players, players that are long athletic and can defend multiple positions.

saleem likes this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Onuaku isn't a rookie.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha

Giannis types, Porkchops Porzingis types, Bradley Beals .........Repped.