1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Culture Map] Jeremy Lin unchained: NBA discrimination could finally end with recent run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Apr 11, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So.. what are you disagreeing with?

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Weird that the author chose the past six games to focus on without noticing an even bigger change:

Greg Smith has replaced DMO at starting PF those last six games!

3. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

G Smith is a BIG reason! T Jones too! We need rebounds so badly to win games!

Glad that Mchale finally tried to move away from relying on 3-point shooters too much.

4. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

There is a Turkish commuity. But they all don't own as many pcs and mobile computing devices or come with a network of like the great wall of LOFs.

5. Jedster

Jedster Member

LOL...now I know why you got so uptight when I talked about liking Stiesma's game!!

6. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Not as many in the Turkish community, I am sure. I wonder how popular Omer is in the Turkish communities in the US? Is there a well-known Turkish athlete playing in the US? I don't even know if Omer is a green card holder or a US citizen.

7. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

What country is Garcia from?

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Why? Cuz I feel Asik's a way better player?

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

WTH!? NBA discrimination............ :grin:

Is there a bigger cultural melting pot right now than the NBA?

10. Jedster

Jedster Member

More like I wasn't aware how passionately you liked him!

11. Jedster

Jedster Member

Oh yeah, of course it's obvious discrimination.
    According to a poster here, Asik comes from the Asian side of Turkey, and even if they do not want to be associated with Asia, it's too bad.

So Asik is the other Asian who gets benched in the 4th. A pattern? Hmmm....
    :grin:

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Nah I'm not really that passionate of a fan, never get too up, never get too down. Just using Asik to show that there's no discrimination against Lin since he's been in the same situation.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand why people even need to discuss this so much. Lin has been playing fine. You can't pin too many loses and wins on one player, even at the PG position. Lin isn't the only reason we win or lose.

People need to understand that. There are 9 other guys who contribute to that on Lin's side, and the team you are playing against on the other side.

14. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Dominican Republic I think

15. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Pre-2012ers, you don't have to worry the LOFs plaguing this forum much longer. We will have to split our time to be GOF(Guan Only Fan).

16. sean joh

sean joh Member

Unfortunately, he is the chief editor of the site! Seems like he created the site just like Clutch!

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Linsanity made the world pay attention to Jeremy and the fact that he could make it. Some of his fans are still oversensitive about the potential mistreatment he's getting.

If Jeremy was miserable as a Rocket, I could understand. Some people can't be patient and enjoy his growth and hopefully the team's as well.

18. sean joh

sean joh Member

At least his model girlfriend is an US citizen!:grin:

19. gate470

gate470 Rookie

You noticed that too, huh? Fans are trying to discredit the article by telling us that Lin did NOTHING. How about people just say that it's a bad article (rational fans know basketball is a team game, every guy on the court contributes, in some role to W/L's) instead of trying to discredit Lin's contributions to helping the team win.

20. timyeung

timyeung Member

With Harden and Parsons injured on and off, Lin has been pretty clutch lately, which helped contribute to the Rockets winning. Lin fans enjoy seeing Lin play well and thy enjoy the increased trust from McHale. The haters will just keep hating.

1 person likes this.