1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Culture] Ellen Page Just Outed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Aug 1, 2011.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I knew there was something funny about her. The gay rumors about her have been going on for a while, but I just thought she was being Canadian.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dumb article.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

She was very unattractive in Super. Looked kind of old and you could see those wrinkles on her forehead. Not as attractive as in Inception.

But she knows how to juggle.

5. percicles

Yeah she's gay. These are the papz shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

beeeg surrrpreeesse

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Food trucks.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I always found her super average for whatever reason.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

So she's seen kissing a blonde, and now she's dating a brunette?

10. percicles

The brunette is Clea Du Vall. Who was in The Faculty & Girl Interupted. The former a favorite of the LGBT community.

And kissing a blonde and dating a brunette is a lazy sunday for Leo DiCaprio. She's a lesbian tomcat I suppose.

[​IMG]

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The OP sounds like an emotionally unhinged rant to me.

Sure young people need role models, doesn't mean Ellen Page or anyone else is obligated to come out so they can have role models. It's a personal decision whether or not you are famous.

And I don't get it, do lesbian youths really lack famous celebrity lesbian role models such that Ellen Page coming out would have been ground breaking or saving someone from depression and suicide?

12. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Agreed. There are a tons of celebs who keep their life in the bedroom private, whether straight, gay or bi. She doesn't owe the author of this article anything. He sounds like a pompous ass with an axe to grind.

13. percicles

The gays are weird like that. There's a very idealogical sect within that thinks once a certain level of fame is reached they should come out the closet.

I remember some publication was threatening to out Lance Bass and he just came out before being outed.

The more famous you are the better publicist and representation you can afford, which in turn provides better cover.

A friend of mine who does tech work in Hollywood said that your not supposed to ask ppl in the industry if they're gay or jewish. You just assume they are.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If they're the ones who scooped these pictures, good for them. If you're the kind of person who hires a publicist, who have to lie for a living on your behalf, then a free press is almost duty-bound to dredge up your personal business. But aside from that I don't necessariy agree with their commentary.

Drew Barrymore's not a lesbian, by the way, either an honest-to-goodness free spirit or just a self-indulgent people-pleaser; remember her friggin' Letterman table dance?

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That article is incredibly stupid.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to agree with the basic tone of the article. I guess I can understand how someone of stature publicly denying being gay, when in fact they are, appears to outed gays as an implicit condemnation of homosexuality. At least now, in 2011, especially when they're already financial and professionally secure.

17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

But did she ever actually deny it? Every interview I've seen with her, she says it's basically nobody's business. And she's right: it isn't. In which case, the author is most decidedly way off-base.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How is she a hypocrite? Dumbest article ever. Also she just went from a 7 to a 7.5.

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

The OP who wrote that article is a r****d. A lot of the people in the gay community knows that Ellen Page is gay and not only that she supports the gay community and so does many other straight big name stars. Jodie Foster didn't even need to come out and she still have a big gay followers and support because she never rejected them.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Who cares?

1 person likes this.