1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuban calls out the Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The_Yoyo, Mar 4, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

pretty crazy, but you have to admit if you were a fan of the team you would appreciate an owner like cuban. i dont like the guy personally but he has helped that franchise out greatly.

link

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Well he's right. I watched that game and they played like crap. There was no energy or urgency at all, even when they managed to cut the deficit to 4 points through OKC's dry spell. The thunder made a ton of mistakes, but they played much harder and took advantage of all the missed defensive rotations of the mavs.

If I were Cuban I'd be saying the same thing. I'm not paying my players top dollar to half-ass it.

3. lalala902102001

Blow it up cubes.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The dude is a meddling twit. He let Avery talk him into trading Devin and now he's paying the price.

I am waiting for the day he finally trades Dork and have to go through rebuilding hell.

**** the Mavs.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

OKC w/o Durant and Green? I wish I could have seen that game. The Dallas Ponies are a sad example of too much money for avg. players.

6. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I would love to work in an organization run by Cuban. He's crazy, but he's passionate. and that's something you can get behind and believe in.

7. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Cuban is, right.

8. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

I personally am glad the Mavs are back to where they belong.
    Cuban is right though, they are playing like garbage. I think in Dallas they highly over rate their own players. I mean this year before the trading deadline all talk of Stack and Bass for (fill in the blank). When every team is asking for J-Ho. J-Ho is a talented player but he is part of whats wrong with them. Blow it up is what I would do.

Key example....when LA LA land was "window shopping" Kobe, Cuban said Dirk isn't available. Really.. Dirk. for Kobe?? :confused:

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

As much as I dislike the Mavs, they got absolutely jobbed by the refs in the '06 Finals. The refs basically handed the series to Miami in an attempt to promote Dwyane Wade as the next NBA poster boy. Down the stretch, they would bail out Wade on just about every possession by whistling Dirk for phantom fouls.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Cuban has screwed up this team by....

1) Refusing to trade Dirk and insisting on building a team around him.

2) Practically giving away two point guards in Steve Nash and Devin Harris. Devin was never really let lose in Dallas and to make matters worse he got traded for an aging Kidd.

3) Failing to secure a big man who would actually make impact. They still have Erik Dampier??? If I was a Mavericks fan (God Forbid), my head would explode simply thinking about that.

It's not easy to give 110% every night when you know your owner keeps screwing around with the team.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Karma.

Two of the best I have witnessed in NBA history.

1) The one you speak of above

2) Malone + Stockton (despite Malone, in an act of desperation, trying to steal one as a Laker) = 0 rings.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

That's right. I remember that BS play where Finley stepped out of bounds then saved the ball back in '05.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, when you lose to the Thunder without Durant and Green something has to be said.

14. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

U SUCK CUBAN SIT YOU ASS DOWN AND STOP BEING THE JERRY JONES OF THE NBA.

15. Precision340

Precision340 Member

exactly!! dude has no one to blame but himself... things went downhill for the mavs when they fired avery johnson... muahahahahahahaa... i love it!! :p

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Only truly bad call was the one where they called a foul with like 2 seconds like which basically decided that game. There were some questionable calls, but the Mavs did foul a great deal; no one on the Mavs could stop him. And as Wade has proven over the years, he gets more calls than others because he never stops driving to the basket. Same thing happened with Golden State- they couldn't stop Baron Davis. Once GS ran into a team that could actually play defense (Utah), they got owned. There's a reason they are called the Allas Mavericks. Miami also stepped up on D and they didn't.

17. droxford

droxford Member

Cuban is right; however....

Going to the press and calling out your team in public is NOT a good way to motivate them to deliver a better performance.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Which is why I HIGHLY approve of this!

19. Brotha Ishtar

Brotha Ishtar Member

as a casual fan, or season ticket holder, you love this. As a true fan who knows basketball, you know this is not good. I have always hated Cuban, and while I respect his passion as far as giving the paying fan their money's worth, you could def argue the good and bad effects it has had on that franchise. I would have just loved to see him get the Cubs though. As an Astros fan, it would have been so awesome to see him screw with that franchise the way he has the Mavs franchise and make heart driven decisions instead of smart ones. Oh well, I'm just glad dude will never see a ring, atleast in Dallas. It makes it all the more amusing.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That team would destroy us if they had a 3 point shooting center, ala okur.