1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Crystal B-Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsauce, May 11, 2000.

1. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

The season is barely over and already speculation about the 2000 season has taken over the BBS. My head has been spinning with all of the different CBA, Trade & Draft posts. I thought it might be fun to make predictions about our 2000 lineup. These predictions should not include anything about trades or FA signings. I want to see who can guess what our lineup will be. Whoever is closest come October will get the props. Lineups should include the strating 5 plus any other major additions or subtractions from the 99' lineup. Don't bother guessing who our 11th and 12th players will be. This is only about accuracy so don't worry about what steps would have to have taken place for this lineup to exist. GOOD LUCK.

PG - Stevie, Moochie
    SG - Shandon Anderson, Mobley
    SF - Rashard Lewis
    PF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    C - Olowakandi

Gone - Cato, Kenny T, Bryce Drew, Walt Williams, Carlos Rogers,
    Naturally due to the amount of deals that would have to happen for this lineup to take place, I will not even venture a guess as to who wouuld fill the rest of the back up postions. Again this is not wishful thinking. This is the lineup that I think will hit the floor next year. You all give it a shot and try to stay somewhat realistic.

------------------

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

where are you heypartner?

------------------

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I agree with your lineup, except I think we'll have Kobe starting at the 2, with Anderson backing him up. Also maybe Mourning at center, who will be acquired from Miami in a trade for Mobley:

G Francis
    G Kobe
    C Mourning
    F Abdur-Rahim
    F Lewis

key reserves: Shandon, Hakeem, Brian Grant (opts out of his contract to sign with us for million-dollar exception), Rodrick Rhodes, and Moochie.

------------------
    "It was the House of Whores, and then it became...the House of Horrors."

-C.C. Deville

4. Prophet

Prophet Member

hahaha. You people are funny. Keep dreaming!

------------------
    "Foul, dammit, foul"--loyal Rocket fan

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

pg-Francis, Moochie

sg-Shandon, Mobley(I hope [​IMG])

sf- Wiz, Bullard

pf-Peterson, Rogers, Thomas

c-Dream, Pig, Big country

------------------
    You just want to be on the side thats winning.

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Peterson?!? As in Morris Peterson?

The guy was measured at 6'6 in college which means he is probably 5'2 when measured in the nba. [​IMG]

I dont think he can play power forward.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Isn't that what they said about Barkley?

------------------
    You just want to be on the side thats winning.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

zzzzzzzzzzzz

9. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Wow, I thought I was pretty clear as to the intent of the post.

Freak, if you think I'm smokin' crack then I will be exposed in October. For now let's have fun and take a stab at a realistic starting lineup come next season. PLease people, let's not argue about stats, trades, or the CBA. Save that for the 50 other threads dealing with those specific threads. Your lineups can be based on the belief that we will win the lottery. I don't care. THis is a time capsule that hopefully we can enjoy in a few months.

------------------

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did someone say Bet?

I still want to do a Draft Pool. Pure luck. Five dollars to pick a name out of a hat.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

TheFreak --

I like your lineup, but I want to keep Mobley and get Mourning too. Please revise. [​IMG]

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET