1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

cross dressing cont'd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by saitou, Nov 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

D'oh. posted too late, continuing the thread here. If it is inappropriate please lock....

Did you read the rest of my post??? I did not pin him to anything, I did not say he was afraid of transvestites. You are the one associating transvestite behaviour with cross dressing. I do not think exposing a kid to cross dressing=exposing him to transvestite behaviour. Transvestite behaviour for me means a lot more than just dressing up. I was asking a question, which I felt was a legitimate one, because I don't know what he's thinking!

I was trying to find out what exactly he felt was wrong with TWIRP, and exhausted the possibility that it was because his son would become a transvestite simply because of it. He says its not because of that, and I don't want to pin it on him, but he might even agree with what I wrote. He says that he simply feels cross dressing in itself for kids is inappropriate. I do not understand the rationale behind that, and I do not pretend to. So I asked him if he was afraid of transvestites. (Correct me if I'm wrong codell, but you're saying that cross dressing is inappropriate for kids just like smoking is? ) And for the last time, I'm not making a judgement on his right to decide what his 4 year old kid should do.

And yes Max, if not understanding why cross dressing in itself for a 4 y/o is wrong is being dense, then I am that dense.

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Max: reread your post, realised you weren't associating cross dressing with transexual behaviour, my bad. But you do seem to equate cross dressing with strip-clubs and sex, or something as drastic as that. That is where I fail to see what the problem with cross dressing is. I fail to see how TWIRP is like going to a strip club. I fail to see how TWIRP leads on to "bigger" issues like transexuality.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

go back and read castor's post...that should address the strip club for you. his contention was that there was flashing and dancing with stripper poles going on in the school. again..not sure that's appropriate around 4 year olds.

i think this discussion was killed though..so we should let it drop.

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Alright. To clarify, I think you missed it, but the discussion between me and codell was strictly under "Point B" of Raven's definition. I definitely agree that boob flashing, pole dancing are not appropriate for school (Raven's Point A). I think we're just cross arguing for different points (me pt B, you pt A), which means we could actually have the same view, but is separate from the discussion I was having with codell.

5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Here's a nickles worth of free advice, Saitou. You are walking a dangerous line. An admin shut that threat down and then said that he would not move it to D&D for the sake of continuing an argument. Then you started one ot continue it anyway. I've seen guys banned for stuff like this.
    Just a friendly word of caution. Take it however you want.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Damn. I misread what Jeff wrote. I thought he said he was moving it to DND, and seeing that he didn't do that yet, went ahead and started a new one... I thought something was amiss. Thanks for the warning Mulder. Sorry Jeff!