1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Croshere or Mobley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jul 13, 2000.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If u had to choose 1 of these 2 which would it be. For me it is Croshere just because I think we have enough guards, and adding a rebounder is what we need. With Cat gone we would stil have a solid rotation.

Cato/Dream
    Croshere/Rogers/Collier
    KT/Walt/Bullard
    Shandon/Walt
    Stevie/Moochie

------------------
    Rockets games are like a box of chocolates, you never know whacha your gonna get.

2. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

And a starting spot for Lewis next year.

But like I said in another thread Mobley could be the key to keeping Francis. If Francis would be a Rocket forever regardless of what Mobley did, Croshere would definitely be my pick because of his versatility.

------------------

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Walt at shooting guard and Kt at small forward! Start editing your post now.

Rockets need mobley and without mobley this team is not going to win alot of games. Mobley just brought offense everynight and the rockets need that. If mobley leaves, we are in trouble.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Exactly, if Mobley leaves then you can say bye bye to mr.francis.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

5. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

If Cat leaves it is because he wanted to leave [​IMG]. Francis will understand that and we will pay Francis the max to keep him..period!

Steve will do what is best for Steve just like Cat will do what is best for Cat.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

6. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

What is best for Steve?

Houston: Loyalty, one-team career, best friend

Washington: Grandma, Chamique, Michael Jordan

It's 3 to 3, so Washington wins if Mobley leaves.

Obviously you can't look at it like that with numbers, but the point is Cuttino could be a big factor in Steve's decision. Not to mention if Cuttino signs a long-term deal he will expect Steve to do the same. If Cat doesn't bail on Steve, Steve won't bail on Cat.

------------------

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

This is the funniest part, ehhh??? Houston fans loved the fact that Steve stood up Vancouver. I wonder how many Grizzly fans will be trolling here when Steve Francis bails for Washington in a few years.

I guess the arena deal could always fail and they could become those Baltimore Rockets.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

8. BullsFan

BullsFan Member

people would want mobley because that is the key to keep francis..but croshere is a hard worker and can help houston alot..

------------------

9. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Wasn't it posted on this forum a couple of weeks ago that Mobely had been distancing himself from Francis during this FA period?
    Geez, is that something friends do? No wonder the NBA is in trouble.

NBA= Not Buddies Anymore

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

10. djones

djones Member

The team really needs both of these guys. The only way I see Cat leaving is if he doesn't like to come off the bench. However the Rocks are willing to do what it takes to keep him, and he gets starters minutes. I don't want to see Cat go, and Austin would be a great addition to the team.
    Someone asked why would Indiana want the Wizard...3 point shooting. That is their offense, and he did find his stroke again at the end of the season.

------------------

11. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

I have seen it written that Mobley and Francis haven't been keeping in contact.

CD also said on a radio show that Steve, Cat, and Shandon have been working out together every day.

But a friend of mine saw Shandon working out alone at Dulles High School.

And Steve was at a Trick Shot Horse contest not working out, but guys don't work out every day of the offseason so that doesn't mean much.

The point is nothing is for sure with the Cuttino Mobley situation.

------------------

[This message has been edited by NewGuy (edited July 13, 2000).]

12. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Thanks NewGuy, it all amazingly makes sense now.

[​IMG] Just kidding... b/c you, are the new guy.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

13. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Ez, we take Croshere. We can replace Mobley with Mercer or Eddie Jones [​IMG]

------------------
    "Is this thing on? I'm in charge now"-Alexander Haig

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm pretty sure that the scoring we lose in Mobley would be made up for by Croshere.... give him all Mobleys shots and he's gonna score!!!

Plus it helps by giving us something in a postition that we really have nothing.. I'd rather Croshere. Don't forget that Rudy can "persuade" a player that Houston is great and entice them to stay - you never know, should Mobley go and we get Croshere, Francis might become best buds with Moochie or with Shandon or with Croshere or with Bullard.... funnier things have happened!

I don't think it has to be a choice of one or the other... there's no reason for us to sacrifice Mobley to get Croshere...

------------------

15. New Jack

New Jack Member

Steve Francis seems like a nice guy, I'm sure he'll be able to make new friends if Cuttino leaves.

------------------
    You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be.

16. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Get Laron Profit fast so francis doesnt get sad. Kt for Profit!

------------------

John Rocker