1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Credit Card Offers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck88, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

I'm looking into some balance transfers and maybe finding 1 or 2 better credit cards with lower APR then I am currently paying. I seem to remember seeing a post on here with a website breaking down some of the best offers - anyone remember that site or have any suggestions. Thanks.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

bankrate.com?

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Sorry, don't mean to derail, but if anyone has recommendations on credit cards w/ air mileage points that would be great too. There's so many offers, it's hard to discern which are crap and which are worth using. I don't want to pay any annual fees though.

4. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

If you are flying on a certain airline, then the credit card for that airline would be great. Usually it starts with about 15,000 miles or more, so if you have some miles already it could give you a round trip instantly. Some might also have features like double mileage. One thing to keep in mind is that these cards might have annual fee, so take that into account also.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Aren't you getting any 0% offers left and right from Chase, Citi, HSBC, Capital One and such? Those usually will be good for 12-15 month. That will give you a break, they usually charge 3% transaction fees, but it is still much better than the regular credit card rates.

There are also offers for 6.6% until the debt is paid off which is not bad, I think I remember getting some from Bank of America.

6. Konquest

Konquest New Member

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Chase Contiental Card and Amex Blue Skymiles are the best.

8. MrWhite

MrWhite Member

http://www.cardoffers.com

As always, be sure to read the fine print on balance transfers. (Uncapped fees, Different APRs for Transfers and Purchaes)

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thanks for the tips, keep them coming. I'll be doing my research soon.