1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 vs. Bev (defense only)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clown Baby, Nov 19, 2017.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tucker seems to be picking up any guard rebounding slack that may have been in lost in the Bev / CP3 swap.

Rockets 12 and 2 on rebounding %s

RasaqBoi, hakeem94 and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I think the difference is like Artest vs Battier. One is an instinctive defender that plays with a lot of passion and heart whereas the other is very much a cerebral defender who defends you depending on what sort of scheme/play you and your team are running, where you like and dislike shooting, etc.

RasaqBoi, Pen15clubber and Clown Baby like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

All I have to say is that the Clippers were a 50+ win team with Chris Paul.

They now no longer have Chris Paul and currently are on pace to win 25 games.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

But, but...there is going to be better "ball movement" now that CP is gone.

Cool story, Glen.

Kadoz and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

As great as CP3's defense is. I wonder how much its due to Rox having better defensive players now, compare to last year when Pat Bev and Ariza are the only ones playing defense.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Where was that clippers fan who was awfully talkative the first five games of the season lol

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Taking into consideration that they’ve played with major injuries, clips gonna clip....

They should get better as they get healthier.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The defense is ranked 6th in points-allowed this season vs 12th last year despite Paul missing most of the games. The other guys are making a huge impact. The more Chris plays, the higher we'll rise.

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Funny how getting to see Paul in that Rockets red is still a shock to the system, I never thought for a second there was anyone else I actually wished was working the point for this system.

Bev, geesh, I feel bad for him. He's lettin' it all hang out, maybe he'll get traded back or leave and return. I never was unhappy when Bev was in 'cause i at least I knew one guy would be playing hard.

It's kinda feels like when Verlander signed. what ? really? Cris Paul is a Rocket ?

Houstunna likes this.
  10. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I distinctly remember a game probably two or three seasons ago where I left thinking CP was smart as **** on defense. He kept getting steals, but he wasn't just anticipating single passes. He did it by knowing the play that was being run. And he kept doing it multiple times that game.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It looks like Bev is out for the season. This trade keeps looking better and better.

#91 Air Langhi, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    hakeem94 likes this.