1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 Told ScreamingA.Smith That He Wants To Stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

major source

gatsby, bilaal14, dcfma and 9 others like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

there we go.

the man who said he wanted out last week. the one who basically rekindled this.

Jimmy next.

gatsby, BigM, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is this alleged drama something or nothing?

Stephen A.: Nothing. Spoke to Chris Paul yesterday. Categorically denied the report. He wanted to state emphatically he has never ever once demanded a trade. That's a fallacy. ... Did he demand a trade? No he did not. Did he ask to be traded? No he did not. I reported he is looking to be out of Houston. He did not address that so I don't know how he feels about that. This is my situation: when I look at Chris Paul & the Rockets as presently constructed, it does not work. Mike D'Antoni puts every possession through James Harden. Chris Paul departed the Clippers to go to Houston, looking forward to being off the ball sometimes. There's no way in hell he could enjoy being off the ball as much as he was this last season. That's problematic. Something has to change there. The drama that is really unfolding is Fertitta, Morey & D'Antoni. D'Antoni wants an extension. Fertitta offered $5M + $1M for each round you won. That's where the real drama is going on. Harden & Paul have spoken. Did Harden get back to Paul initially? No. Did it take a few weeks to connect? Sure. But they have spoken. This stuffa bout can't stand one another? That's not the real issue.

Is it how they're being used or the pressure of coming up short?

My personal opinion, which is something I've shared with Tilman & Daryl, is how they play. Chris Paul is getting paid $38M, $41M, $44M. You say Chris Paul is not that guy anymore. Didn't the Raptors just show you don't need to be that guy as the secondary option? He's not the #1 option.That'll be James Harden. He's #2. The manner in which the way Nick Nurse utilized Kawhi Leonard goes a long way. There are plenty of teams in the NBA who have a star who is ball dominant but not to that degree and have supplementary parts around them who are better than average or all-star caliber like Chris Paul when healthy. You have guys on that team & have had success if you know how to utilize them. D'Antoni's style of coaching where I'm gonna run ragged my superstar, everything through him, that will not beat elite teams in the NBA. We agreed Milwaukee & Toronto would have beaten Houston. When I look at Chris Paul, OK, he's not that superstar but he's still damn good.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

At least Yahoo got those clicks

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is what CP3 wants you to think.

macan likes this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

" I reported he is looking to be out of Houston. He did not address that so I don't know how he feels about that.

This is my situation: when I look at Chris Paul & the Rockets as presently constructed, it does not work. Mike D'Antoni puts every possession through James Harden. Chris Paul departed the Clippers to go to Houston, looking forward to being off the ball sometimes. There's no way in hell he could enjoy being off the ball as much as he was this last season."

He isn't demanding a trade, but he would like to leave

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wait a minute. Did the Earth just tilt off its axis? Did I find myself largely......agreeing with SCREAMING A SMITH?

I guess when he takes his medication he's okay.

I read it more as, We need things to change. We can't have one guy massaging the basketball and the rest of us standing around while he catches his breath.

PhilCollins and Dacamel like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think the issue is that Chris Paul wants the ball in his hands more. He just wants more player movement, more sharing of the ball. He sees how the offense can become too predictable and stagnant the way Harden plays -- against the better defensive teams. He probably pointed that out the way he does, and Harden didn't like it. And someone took that and blew it up out of proportion with the media.

lw17, clutchdabear, dcfma and 11 others like this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

isnt this jackass the one who said cp wants out? lol....

10. ball king23

ball king23 Member

the same person who wrote that CP3 wanted out is now its he did not demand a trade he did not ask to be traded lol i reported he wants out of Houston lol

bro2044 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Misleading thread title. CP3 didn't say he wanted to stay. He said he didn't request or demand a trade. Smith even said that he didn't know how CP3 felt about that because he didn't address that.

Why Smith didn't ask Paul if he would like to leave Houston is beyond me. Seems like an obvious thing to ask considering all the news reports.

BigM, Hakeemtheking and Mr. Clutch like this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Screamin' A makes a lot of sense
    Screamin' A makes a lot of nonsense
    Screamin' A makes a lot of screamin'

Multiple choices but multiple options of what else to teleview, twitterview, etc etc et alia

bro2044 and don grahamleone like this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Stephen A caught up in his own lie on national tv. Embarrassing

adw, lw17, Patience and 4 others like this.
  14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

All of this fake news, rumors, cryptic Instagram posts ect are just too much for me. I’m too old for this sh*t. I’m tired of playing the fool. Stephen A is no different than the rest of them. Double talking clowns who will say anything for ratings. I don’t trust or believe anyone anymore. I’ll just wait for the results like in the old days.

lw17, JoeBarelyCares, bro2044 and 4 others like this.
  15. macan

macan Member

my bad i thought i heard he wanted to stay. don't know how to change the title

16. Victorious

Victorious Member

They're all still talking about offense but we lost the series because of defense

adw, BigM, jordnnnn and 6 others like this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

So he's retiring then? Wtf is this

18. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I question that as well. My guess is he didn't address that specifically because if CP did say he wanted to stay in Houston and never wanted to leave it would directly contradict SAS report earlier in the week.

bro2044 and ThunderStruck like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

These guys are incredible.. they get certified news from the player and gm, move the goalpost over and keep running with the same idea. #shameless

adw, Patience, bro2044 and 4 others like this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You should know by now that, for stories that sell, offense is sexy whereas defense is Stephen A Smith's fakeass hair line.

HP3 and Victorious like this.