1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 out for Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 25, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not necessarily. It could be simply that the Rockets are doing what a lot of us hoped they'd do. Immediately rule CP3 out for Game 6. It's at Oracle. It's a quick turnaround. And it involves two plane rides. No need to risk further injuring that hammy in a game that was a longshot even with a healthy Paul. See if his teammates can close it without him. If not, see if he can go in Game 7(even if it's limited minutes) after 3 days of treatment in H-Town.

Ok, that would be awkward if CP3 didn't travel with the team and the Rockets won the Western Conference in Oakland. Would he celebrate with them via satellite hookup?

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. BALLhog 247 365

If he was out for the season why wouldn’t they just come out and say it? I have hope he’ll play game 7

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We really have nothing to lose by playing freely. I hope Ryan will prove me wrong, if he does get some valuable minutes.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. blackistan

blackistan Member

Cant see GS losing this next game when we're without CP3 they would get ridiculed if they did. I feel like our only hope is Iguodala still isn't able to play

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets will not be blown out. If they go down, then they'll go down fighting. I have too much faith in this squad to believe that they'll just accept CP3's absence as their death sentence.

I don't know how many positive vibes I have left in me right now, but everything I have left goes to the Rockets.

They defied all expectations by finishing with 65 wins. They silenced all the critics who proclaimed that Paul and Harden were too ball dominant to succeed. Now everybody is saying the Rockets are done?

F*ck that, and additionally, I would like to direct an especially vehement f*ck you to the Golden State Warriors.

We don't need any luck to get results. I'm damn proud of this team, and I'm expecting a win in Game 6.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

this isn't a big deal at all. the most important thing is doing whatever they can to get cp3 healthy. hes not traveling to oakland

malakas and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

KD gone get his regardless. Ryno got 6 hard fouls he needs to use.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I actually think if Harden is dialed in on defense Rockets can get it done. Game 5 Klay, Draymond, Curry, and KD all got their numbers and GSW still lost. Rockets have found a way to win with defense..

hakeem94, malakas and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Damn, we have to HOPE Chris Paul doesnt even travel with the team for a good sign...what an odd series. Haha

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

He can play when David West is on the court.

hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

CP3 isn't out for Game 6. He just can't play. Now we're gonna see how that leader-brain of his works.

He's got about 36 hours to pump Harden up to can't-fail status.

13. MightyBeard

MightyBeard Member

CP, wake up CP

[​IMG]

DonKnock, bilaal14, HTX Ninja and 8 others like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

His d and leadership will be most missed.

Harden can try and replace the leadership - just depends on the game for him.

Not sure what to say about the d... OTHER than can Mbah Moute give us solid minutes where he isn't so inept offensively that it hurts the team. I mean, the guy is due... but if his shoulder hurts, it hurts.

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

West would only play though if Iggy is still out. But I don't think D'Antoni has a choice. I think expanding the rotation if mandatory at this point. I would have Ryno on a very short leash though. If he continues to refuse to shoot, get him out of there.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

No one knows anything. He suffered a similar injury and still won a game for the the Clippers against the Spurs in Game 7. Missed two games and returned for Game 3 against the Rockets.

Until they say he's out Game 7, I'm not going to worry. Winning Game 6 would be massive to avoiding him having to play Game 7 and resting him for Game 1 of the finals. Rockets without CP3 can beat either of the Eastern Conference teams.

bro2044, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Possibly, but it also could be that from a strategic stand point the Rockets would rather give him an extra 48 hours rest and roll with him in game 7.

If he rests for game 6, he will have close to 96 hours rest and rehab.

DonKnock, Vivi, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Perfect timing for Road Ryno to live again.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Because they don’t do it like that. Rockets like to delay big announcements.

The next time you see Paul will be in November.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is all I need form CP. Pump Harden up.. Harden has the ability it's just between the ears..

BigMaloe, hakeem94, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.