1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 out for Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 25, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not exactly a surprise. Hopefully they leave him in H-Town to get treatment for 3 days. Maybe the Rockets catch a break and Iggy is still out for the Warriors.

DonKnock, hakeem94, Nook and 3 others like this.
  2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I don’t think they will write off Game 6. We have guys who can step up off the bench.

Landsdale, hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Another post season break for the Warriors.

You’d think the “greatest team ever assembled” wouldn’t catch so many lucky breaks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm not expecting him back this year. I'm just hoping it's a strain or sprain and not anything more serious. If we can win one game against GSW without him, we can beat either eastern conference team even without him.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Is he going to travel or stay and get treatment 24/7? Does either option indicate potential availability for game 7?

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he stays in Houston for treatment I think it's more likely he plays in Game 7. If he's traveling that almost feels like they are giving up on a return.

Kevooooo, hakeem94, Mazulis and 2 others like this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I feared this would happen, but it's not any less heartbreaking. I hope I'm wrong but the only way we are beating the Warriors without CP3 is if Steph is out too...

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

Wow this sucks

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The way the TEAM is playing defense, anything is still possible.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm on record saying I trust the team more than Harden. That still holds true. Even without CP, Harden has the best team he has ever had. Harden has beat the Warriors before with a worse roster.

I think they can do it IN OAKLAND. If Harden continues to buy in on defense I think they can absolutely do it.. ONE GAME!

DO NOT CONCEDED GAME 6! Rockets should go out there and try to win that game.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

An already tough game will become near impossible without Paul. This is truly going to require a monumental team effort on both ends of the floor. The other guys cannot shoot as poorly as they did with all the open 3s they had. Harden is going to have a MVP-evel performance as well. The team has played and won without Paul so there is some familiarity without him out there, but they weren't playing Golden State. Luc and Ryno are going to have to not just play, but play at a high level which is a lot to ask of them since neither player has played in weeks.

BigggReddd, hakeem94 and BigMaloe like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Speedy recovery, Mighty Mouse!

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

This would be awe-inspiring if it happened, but I have my doubts...we are down to 6 players basically... I wish we could have signed a veteran pg for such a case....would have loved a guy like collison...

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This is where Iso Joe’s value shows up. He has a ton of playoff experience and was a valuable performer last year for the Jazz against the Clippers. He can step up for a game or two.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THIS

hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

If this doesn't give you the chills. We'll show them why we are Clutch City and dethrone the champs without CP3 in Oracle:

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They said he’d be re-evaluated when the team gets back from GS so I’m assuming he’s traveling with the team. I think that’s a good sign.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think Joe plays for sure.