1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 not getting credit for steals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 1, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

I've been looking at boxscores about a dozen times this season as I was suspicious about giving CP3 credit for steals, tonight was particularly obvious. He had at least 4 steals. 2 were clean takeaways, ripping the ball out of Harris and Teodosic / Rivers hands, one on DJ in the 1st quarter and another one in the 4th I can remember but don't know on who. He might have even had more.

Anyone else noticing this? He's always been top of the league, averaging 2 a game and with the CP3 hate and question marks it wouldn't surprise me if statskeepers have a bias against him.

hakeem94 and LorneMalvo like this.
  2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Ariza should be in the discussion as well.

3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. They counted one of the Harris strips as a block.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You don't get credit for a steal unless you control the ball. Didn't some of his deflections go to other guys?

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

That's odd and makes zero sense, but if that's the rule then that could potentially explain it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps you are onto something... i dont often look at boxscore but my eye test says hes the best thief of the ball ever...

7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

The Jazz's score keepers are giving them to Stockton.

D-rock, Ziggy, superfob and 1 other person like this.