1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 has a better WS, BPM, VORP, PER, and onoff than westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 1, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

1) The title just says Cp3 has 4 better analytical stats it doesnt say who is better between Cp3 and WB. We have just 1 month of NBA games all stats are subject to change due to low sample size.

2. It matters where those picks fall because the picks are lotto protected and don't roll over the next year, meaning if they are lotto you don't give up any picks at all. A swap only happens if OKC gets a better record than the Rockets otherwise we would be the one benefitting. And if OKC has a better record then that means the Rox are tanking which means they get lotto protection on their picks which means they dont give their picks to OKC. For the Rox to get screwed on this trade first OKC needs to be a contender and the Rox need to be a contender every odd year but a lotto team every even year for 4 years straight how does that even happen? You need to do analysis first before you complain. The most likely scenario is the Rox give up 2 low first rounders in the trade, the worst scenario is they give up two lotto picks in the trade. Either way that is a fair price to upgrade Rox's chances of winning maybe it has escaped you but Harden is 30 already we are in win now mode.

3. Did you watch the playoffs last year? Tell me again how WB is the worse playoff performer compared to Cp3. Marginal upgrade lol

#41 roslolian, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The speed in the Playoffs is unreal.
    Chris Paul when he drove to the basket his own defender was on his hip ready to block his shot. Chris was shocked that his own defender is ready to block his shot last year in the playoffs. His lack of height can be a problem against bigger guards and cant defend with lack of speed and height. His One Elite Skill is completely gone which is his Speed. He can run and easily get fastbresk layups, or get a quick first step in a iso for a layup. Plus his shoulder injury is stiff in his shot.

Injuries for Chris Paul
    No Knee Tendons Bone on Bone
    Hamstring Injuries
    Shoulder injury
    Torn thumb, his hand surgery
    Steroid allegation with Lebron James, Dwyane Wade while losing his hair, Miami Clinic is my guess.
    Constantly yells at teammates, always criticizes.
    Example Tyson Chandler his former teammate did not sign with the Rockets until Russell Westbrook trade was finalized.
    There has to be more that I dont know about.

#42 rockets1995, Dec 2, 2019
    rockbox likes this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The only real argument you can make here is that Paul might not be healthy for the playoffs and even then Westbrook has been abysmal the past 3 playoffs. We very well could be better without him on the floor.

Even if you want to do mental gymnastics, ignore stats, etc. and try and claim that it is somehow a draw, the fact that we had to give up a horde of picks, makes the trade unconscionable

Tilman ****ed us, simple as that.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

CP3 is better, this is not news.

DD

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We have the second best offense in the league after Dallas. These stats are useless because our defense is what is going to determine our team success this season. So Chandler and Sefalosha is more important.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Break out the ESPN trade machine. I gotta see your offer.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Seems like this would be a good place to drop this video:

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sorry, you meant a contender to make the playoffs I didn't read that right.

Sure, he can probably make a team in the East a contender to "make the playoffs."

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Harden loves his childhood friend and CP3 is an AAF teammate.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Just by the age comparison it becomes apparent that one contract is tradeable and the other not. Advanced stats are meaningless when you’re accruing them for a bottomfeeder team.

joshuaao likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) "lol the title just says that Chris Paul is playing better with a worse roster in virtually every relevant advanced statistic. Doesn't show who's better!" lolololol

2) Did YOUUUUU watch the playoffs last year? Because if you did, and came away with the conclusion that Westbrook is a better playoff performer than Paul after his 3rd straight disastrous playoff showing and loss in the first round to an inferior team, then please, carry on. I cannot help you in that case. No sense continuing this discussion.

Sure, Paul was worse than he was in 2018. He struggled to beat guys off the dribble. That is given. But he is still clearly a great defensive player and shooter, and unquestionably a better fit for the Rockets and a team that fancies itself as a contender. Westbrook is much more easily schemed for in the playoffs.

jordnnnn likes this.
  12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I'm sure if CP3 was always healthy, you'd have an almost split decision when it comes to who everyone would prefer. His biggest downfall has always been his health.

And westbrook is clearly a better rental. If it doesn't work out this season, we can get a really good asset in return. Rather than struggling to find someone to take CP3s contract.

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m telling you man.

This Westbrook thing is wild.

People want to like him so bad that they just ignore facts.

harold bingo, J Sizzle and larsv8 like this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It’s a good trade for the simple fact one guys is 4 years younger. I don’t even know if cp3 Is better he looks the same to me as last year.

Iv watched a few games. He’ll have 15-16 points one game then 6 points the next. How assist are way down and he’s playing next to a guy who dominates the ball less than Harden.

his shooting from three is a little better than last year but it’s tending down.

he was 40% for the first 10 games or so and now it’s at 37.5% which is still good but I’d imagine he’ll settle around 35-36% by seasons end.

cp3 is a smart player that’s why he can still play ball being tiny and old. But he’s not the guy we had that first year.

he’s the old slow guy we say last season that is still a positive player but he’s massively overpaid.

if he was making 25m a year He’s prob still on the team. 40m is just way to much for a player or his age and caliber at this point and that’s why we have russ now.

harden needs someone that can score 20+ a night consistently he’s never had that besides maybe cp3 first year were he put up 18 that closer enough and we won 65 game and where a hamstring a way from a title.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd take back Westbrook for Harden. If OKC sent back SGA and Gallo and we sent them Gordon.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Come on man. The point of advanced stats is to more clearly show who is better despite the team they play on. To look passed the box scores where the guy on a bad team can have the ball and be the man and fill the box score but do it inefficiently and get beat while doing it.

Someone with high efficiency and high net rating on a bad team points to a good player.

Someone with low efficiency and a low net rating on a very good team points to a not very good player.

And since when did Westbrook become this asset that we can easily move if we wanted?

Houston and OKC basically made the only trade that either one of them could make. And because it seems Harden and Tillman were so gung ho about it and OKC knew it they trade raped us.

#56 jordnnnn, Dec 2, 2019
    J Sizzle likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

What's done is done. I would prefer a healthy and younger CP3 over Westbrook, but that's not possible. Westbrook will be here until Harden doesn't want him anymore. This is the team we have for the foreseeable future.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep i said po contender in the east and contender in the west.... whatever that makes him tradeable ...
    even if he cant do that you can always sell a loser team in the east on the potential that he still got it beacuse he s only 30(and miami just signed butler longterm and hes 30)... and nobodys buying cp3

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I finally see how Thunder fans went about their life for this past decade. It's amazing that some Rockets fans of all people, who clowned him more than anybody these past few years, are now trying to rationalize. Sad, but funny, to watch unfold.

jordnnnn likes this.
  20. MystikArkitect

Anyone who thinks current CP3 is an upgrade to current Westbrook....on this team....doesn't know basketball.

At some point the Hawks just gave up because Harden can get doubled 40 feet away and zip a pass to Westbrook who can blow by everyone for a layup.

CP3 would tear his hamstring at the thought of that.