1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CP3/Beard backcourt.....best of all time?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 20, 2018.

?

Is the backcourt of James/ CP3, the greatest of all time?

1. Yes

2. No

3. " I need to see the playoffs first"

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

A bunch of good guard tandems listed in this thread, but how come nobody has mentioned that great Spurs backcourt of Artis Gilmore and Billy Paultz? They dominated the 82-83 season and I would take them over all the guards so far mentioned. Remarkably, Artis had a FG% of .626 as a 2 guard and PG Paultz averaged less than 1 turnover per game. Plus, their quickness on D and lateral mobility will never be matched.

2. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Could it be he stops moving because we are 30-3 with them two starting and he is using that time to rest? I mean it’s not like he hasn’t had one of the highest usage rates over the past couple years while playing more minutes than almost everyone in the NBA. Stupid Harden quit pouting and run 100% every play during the regular season that doesn’t matter!!!

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I understand that math and facts are foreign concepts to some people, but you do realized that Harden averages 10 FT attempts a game during the playoffs since becoming a Houston Rocket right? It is hilarious how many people stupidly continue to parrot this inaccuracy. Did his FT attempts take a bit of a hit compared to his drive attempts? Yes, but it was a very marginal one. Harden continues to draw a ton of fouls in the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yep,

Isiah, Dumars and Microwave have always been the Top in any of these best backcourt discussions. They dethroned Walt Frazier and The Pearl. I can't recall there ever being much of a debate on this before.

Harden, CP3 and EGo will dethrone Isiah, Dumars and Microwave

D-rock likes this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such a fine line between Joe Dumars and Steve Harris.

the shark, D-rock and heypartner like this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Only if they win. If they knock off this GS team and LeBron they may get that type of recognition.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden-Paul's PER has to be tops -- they're over 55 combined. Not a perfect stat, but a good one.

Teammates have never finished Top 3 AST/GM, I think -- definitely never #1 and #2.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That was mythological Jordan and the fouls were Street Fighter 2 Arcade worthy. lol Jordan got hit really hard by the likes of the entire Knicks team and Detroit Bad Boys to the point that I don't know if a player in this era could sustain that without being out large portions of the season.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So far, 49 homers, 6 haters, and 56 realists in this poll. :cool:

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

As far as Rockets backcourts the 1977 backcourt trio of Lucas/Murphy/ Newlin was pretty good too.