1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Covington on trade block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Jul 4, 2019.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Every pick for the next 5 years.

RoCo’s defensive impact metrics have been insane for 3 straight seasons.

He’s been #3 behind Dray and Gobert.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Damn our lack of assets!!! It's maddening. I wish they would take Shumpert's deal (I'm sure Shump would agree to an S&T over there) and we would throw in one 1st round pick in there.

We can't trade Eric for Robert since we still need Eric's scoring in the worst way.

buffalobills!!!, Ratman, JuNx and 3 others like this.
  4. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

#GARMworthy

5. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

He is one of the guys I wish we never lost.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Is could be the same as is....

Misreporting for clicks

Newlin likes this.
  7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Former Rockets Legend Covington on trade block

Please fix

8. alethios

alethios Member

Covington is due ~11 million. Would trading for him put us into the tax like trading for Iggy? Personally I'd rather trade for Covington because age, 3pt shooting and defense.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Covington is the perfect fit in our system. The GARM morale would shoot up exponentially if the Rockets somehow managed to land Covington without losing either Capela/Gordon.

Gordon for Covington, that is a tough tough trade for the Rockets. As good as Covington is offensively and defensively, Gordon gives us that 3rd pseudo star and I'm not sure Covington is that good, but **** the fit is amazing. It would be a tough one to swallow if the Rockets managed to trade Gordon for Covington. Gordon would fit perfectly in Minni as well.

My dream scenario, S&T Shumpert + FRP for Covington. This is wishful thinking though.

10. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Yea if we gonna trade our picks shouldn’t be for someone for ascending value..... I’m just not at all interested in trading for Andre...... this tho I’d be on.... even at a higher cost

forchette49 and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Meh, rather trade our 1st for Iggy.

On a serious note, if they are looking to trade him from that team, I think it’s highly likely they believe he’s damaged goods.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If they wait until Dec 15th you JUST KNOW that GSW will trade DLO for Covington. And that would piss me off.

13 in 33, JuNx, justtxyank and 9 others like this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He would make up for this garbage off season. I would give up picks and Shump for him. Need to keep EG for scoring off the bench.

jerryclark and ballsohard like this.
  14. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

What was his most recent injury? Nice player, great defensive impact stats, though he struggled a lot with his shooting in the post-season.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wolves held him out hoping his knee would get better for a few months. It didn’t and he had to have arthroscopic knee surgery as the season ended

luckyman76, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Free to anyone who wants Wiggins.

dmoneybangbang and RudyTBag like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end the Wolves have to trade some salary back for D.Lo so, it's either Rob and Dieng or other pieces, or Wiggins. I have a feeling it's going to be Rob and pieces ;)

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No way. Don't get me wrong, I like Iggy a lot, but trading an FRP for him is extremely risky. The guy is turning 36 next year. He has a ton of miles on his body and he has had some injury issues over the last few years. It's a risk to trade an FRP for him since we don't know if he will have a sudden drop off.

Remember Iso Joe? The guy had a really good season the year prior to coming to the Rockets. He played very good in the playoffs that year prior. Then suddenly, he just dropped off. He never even relied on athleticism for his game and was an iron man, rarely got injured. Father time just caught up. I find it risky to trade an FRP for Andre.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You make a good point.

Okay, two first for Iggy, but top 5 protected?

13 in 33, hakeem94 and peleincubus like this.
  20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

A return of Covington would be a great fit for us and if it only cost Shump and FRP, then we need DM to do his magic asap. Adding him with PJ, Capela, Paul and Gordon is a pretty solid Def5 + it gives us shooters all over the court except the 5. Now if we could just add JaMike Green as a small ball 5, we could be deadly.

Y2JT and Blurr#7 like this.