1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True to an extent but this forum is an American one....I have seen a lot more hate on here than I see in Europe on everything China.

China is a major economic rival.

In some Euro country, some actually like the Marx communism.

This is a crisis situation for everyone, so I'd give everyone more leeway/benefit of the doubt here than usual. More info needed.

Maybe I am also more moderate in my approach in conveying things. You do you.

2. malakas

malakas Member

A person in Italy dies every 3 minutes from Covid-19.

Think of this, and then think how the richest country went to take their tests.

I don't care for some blind patriotism. I treat all the idiots the same way, whether they are americans or before when this forum was flooded with chinese trolls who thought they could no wrong.

Actions.
    Italy needs HELP it doesn't need others to take their stuff.

They are more than a week away from the peak and one person dies from the disease every 3 minutes.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So yet another affirmation that the S.K. model of massive testing (and monitoring) is what we should be doing. This is where the US has so fk'd up. They still need to right this ship and correct their past mistakes (there will likely be a 2nd round, 3rd round).

Unfortunately, the people running this ship is 5 steps behind everything. I lose confidence when I see a return back to the BS talks and deflections. That work for politic only, and causes more division. Virus doesn't care. Economy continue to sink, people continue to die.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I read through the article and none of this is mentioned, is it possible that Italy offered to provide the test kits? I don't disagree with you that the richest country in the world should have been better prepared and I do hate the administration for being filled with idiots, starting at the very top. However, if Italy offered them, I am glad the US took them. My guess is that the US didn't force Italy to give us these tests.

I guess I know where you are coming from and it is shameful that knowing that US had ample time to prepare for this is quite frankly not prepared. Now, instead of us helping out others, we are needing help. Nothing wrong with helping out, we are all in this together, but I haven't heard the US doing as much for other countries at this point (once again, idiot at the very top).

donkeypunch, daywalker02 and malakas like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's fight this Virus together....and not stray from what's important.

Cast aside our differences.

You've done a very good job so far with the vast amount of information, let's build on it.

B-Bob and malakas like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

Have you considered maybe Italy has plenty of tests and is more concerned about treatment? It's not like the US confiscated them.

Richie_Rich, Astrodome and HTM like this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

The biggest concern is it mutating and becoming even deadlier

they’ve already acknowledged there are two strains but they are very identical and still researching the difference between the two but apparently one is more aggressive then the other

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Excellent news with those anti virals being approved by the FDA

Richie_Rich and B-Bob like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Sure. Then :
    I expect in the next days to see immediate reciprocation by the US sending ventilators and masks.

Simple.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would want a much younger and more dynamic guy on top to tackle a time like this.......where are the Obamas of the world, the Kennedys....

Trump, Sanders, Biden......almost 80 yr olds.

ElPigto likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am with you man, believe me. It is what it is.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. HTM

HTM Member

The United States spends $50 billion dollars a year in foreign aid. Much of that going to humanitarian efforts. To act, as if, for once, during a crisis, the U.S. receiving a voluntary gift from Italy is so some sort of great crime is absolutely unhinged.

When helping with humanitarian relief, the demand should not be, "and now you must immediately reciprocate with something of equivalent value" - what is wrong with you?

Your posting is hysterical.

15. malakas

malakas Member

No you are hysterical.

The US is receiving humanitarian aid like they are a 3rd world country, from the place that needs it the most?

And it means that they don't have to give some help back?

The RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?

How shameful are you?

16. malakas

malakas Member

And even more shameful is that the help Italy sent didn't even get a public thank you.

Oh noo it was hushed up and happened on the quiet.

No shame at all.

17. HTM

HTM Member

I'm not hysterical at all. I rarely post anything. I've decided to reply to one of your multiple hysterics you seem to post almost continuously.

The U.S.'s need for testing supplies is great and that need has already been described as a "failure" by the U.S. government, which, like all governments, is a human institution, comprised of humans with all their faults and failings.

Apparently the Italians feel as if they can part with 500,000 testing swabs to help out the Americans. That's nice of them.

The U.S. I'm sure is interested in helping any number of countries at this time, like it does every year and has done for every year since 1961 and in many instances before. The U.S. does not "owe" Italy for helping the U.S. at this time. Humanitarian aid, of which the U.S. provides billions every year, is not contingent on "immediate reciprocation" nor should it be.

Brave keyboard warriors like yourself can blame everyone and anyone while you sit on your ass. There is always something to b**** about with regard to pretty much every government in the world and their response to this pandemic. Pretty much every government has had failings in their response to the pandemic. Quit your sanctimonious constant whining, crying and complaining. Good lord.

JumpMan, R0ckets03 and ths balla like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

you take HALF A MILLION resources from Italy where thousands of people are dying and they are making mass graves and carry the corpses by the trucks and you don't feel the need to give help back to them OR even thank them.

God bless America! The best country in the world!
    No shame whatsoever!
    Like the US wanted to buy the vaccine ONLY for americans!

So many words to excuse the shamefullness and no hint of any embarassment. Good job!

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's what ppl did here, tons of Germans moved to their summer houses on North German islands or swarmed hotels.

The islands immediately started shutting off their entrances and every non-resident has to leave by today.

malakas likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

So you have to leave now too?
    Meanwhile Hamburg in the north seems to be the major epicentre, so those who leave will have to pass through there.