1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cousins for Capela/Tjones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jxl92182, Nov 11, 2015.

1. jxl92182

jxl92182 Member

This is where Morey do his magic.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I don't mind making moves as long as they don't hurt us in the future. Like the trade we made for Terrence Williams.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I played around on one of those salary cap things online. Just looking at it, I can't imagine a trade going down without Ty Lawson in the fold.

That being said, I don't think this even gets close to holding water as a trade at all, but this 'works'.

Cousins/Darren Collison

for

Ty Lawson/Terrence Jones/Sam Dekker/Clint Capela

I think most people would do this here, but why on earth would the Kings? Lawson enjoyed playing for Karl, Boogie wants out.. still.. this should never work because Cousins is one of the top players in the game and Lawson has had trouble with alcohol. Also, if you take out Collison and Lawson, you can add back in Trevor in a 1 for 4 trade. Then you can bring back the Chuckwagon.

#43 don grahamleone, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

What are you talking about? The OP clearly stated it would take just Capela and Tjones to make it work. In fact, if we add a first rounder and Dekker we don't have to include Capela in the deal anymore. It's too much but I'd even throw in Montrezl as sweetener:

Tjones+Montrezl+Dekker (18 pick!)+first rounder+NON-PROTECTED PICK (OMG!!!) for Cousins. Clearly Sac would be all over this they are rebuilding.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It would also never work because Cousins > than anything the Rockets could possibly offer outside of Harden. Which is why this thread shouldn't be taken seriously or even exist.

That said... KJ McDaniels and Jason Terry for Cousins and Casspi could work. Except that it doesn't. But it might.

6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Completely unrelated with the Rockets but I feel like Love for Cousins is a great trade for both parties.
    Sacramento could play WCS at the Center with Love at Power Forward. Along with Gay, McLemore/Marco and Collison/Rondo, that team could be decent.
    Cleveland can start Thompson and have a great Center next to him in Cousins. Imagine a Cavs lineup of Irving, Smith, James, Thompson, and Cousins. That's a great lineup.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Cousins isn't going anywhere

8. don grahamleone

Sorry, I should have said financially. My bad, thought it was crystal clear. Your JET trade doesn't even 'work' that way.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Who said Cousins is a cancer in their eyes right now? That's why he arranged a players only meeting to try to get his team in the right road and start winning? Because he's a cancer?

And you are sure every team is salivating over Capella? Sources?
    I'm pretty sure Sacramento who got Cousins doesn't salivate over Capella at all.

And Sacramento might feel they have a better future with this? How could they possibly feel they have a better future by trading an All star center who is under cheap team control for 3 more years including this one, and is just entering his prime? Do you think the first round pick from Houston will bring them an all star? Or will Capella become like Cousins?

Yeah.. no. Teams dont' go trade their young franchise player who is under team control because they are 1-7. Even if they were 1-81 they wouldn't. They would trade every other one in the roster BUT Cousins. Including the Gm and the coach.

Don't bring logic here. Let's just detail how it doesn't work with salaries who cares about real value?:rolleyes:

10. GolfWang

GolfWang Member

Cousins can play PF btw

11. don grahamleone

That seems like it would make a lot more sense for the Kings. Unless they want a youth movement and believe in our youth, the Kings shouldn't even lend us an ear. However, if they like our youth but don't like Kevin Love. Threeway.

Of course, you forgot the Golden Rule. (you can't trade Love until like December or something like that because he was just signed)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pi7gwX7rjOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Well yeah I remembered. I didn't mean to do it right now but yeah I'm okay with taking Cousins or Love and sending youth elsewhere.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No, that's not a great team. The Kings can look at what actually happened, with a similar team, with a better Kevin Love, in the West. THe TWolves never made the playoffs.

Plus, the Kings can get Love light in David Lee, plus a bevy of picks from the Celtics. I mean this seems inevitable. The amount of picks the Celtics are due coming up is mindblowing.

The best of which would be the NJ Nets UNPROTECTED first round pick for this upcoming draft. They also have the rights to swap with the Nets the following year... and I think a first round pick from the Nets in 2018 (probably with protections). They also have the Mavs pick this year - top 7 protected but while its early it is very easy to imagine the Mavs finishing with a #8-#14 pick this year. They also have the TWolves first round pick this year - top 12 protected... but it seems the TWolves might surprise some and sneak close to that 8th seed, which would make it also transfer to the Celtics.

I'm not saying the Celtics should trade all those picks, but it wouldn't be shocking if they offered A LOT of those picks, starting with the 0-7 Nets unprotected pick, plus David Lee, for Boogie.

There is absolutely no scenario, whether you liked the fit or not, that the Rockets can put together an offer to outmatch what the Celtics will offer.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Howard, TJones, KJ, and a couple of 1st round picks for Cous, I'll do it :)

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I highly doubt Howard is going to be traded. Rockets will let his current contract expire. Rockets will look for trading Howard after all that FA hoopla and Dwight deciding to come to Houston.

16. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

There is no way in hell this happens. period.

17. LivinLikeLarry

Is Cousin's very good at going up and getting alleys? Because the only time I watch the Kings is when they're playing the Rockets and his game seems more dependent on being a bull and the occasional jump shot, which doesn't really sound like it would mesh with Harden anyways.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

C'mon. It isn't about acquiring talent it's about unobtainable talent due to the reality of the CBA, roster space and all that. Trolling? No, this is just a complete waste of space.

Would I want the man? In a heartbeat. No way, in season, it could happen. No. Way.

1 person likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LETS GET WEIRDDDDD

20. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Harden for Belinelli?