1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could we be missing something?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FishBulb913, Feb 17, 2010.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I can't help but think that with all this trade talk about McGrady, that there may be something else in the works too.

Last year we were all thinking about a McGrady trade, we had no idea that Rafer/Lowry was in the works.

I just have a feeling that something is in the works involving Shane and/or Scola and maybe that is what is holding up us pulling the trigger on the Knicks deal.

I just can't see Morey making a trade that clogs us up at 3 and 4 that much. We wouldn't even see what Jordan Hill is made of if he is behind Landry and Scola.

Not to mention the fact that we most likely will not be able to give Scola the contract he wants AND make moves to make us a contender in the summer without going into luxury tax zone.

I don't know what we are trying to do, but I just think there is another deal in the works that we don't see coming, just like last year.

Sorry for another speculative thread.

2. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

I would think if Jordan Hill is brought in, Scola has to be on his way out.

3. brosef

brosef Member

you make a good point.

4. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Pretty sure this thread was made a couple days ago, but I can't find it. Maybe it was just a post inside a thread.

5. raining threes

If the trade for Hill is (which I'm begining to doubt) Hill will play the C position.

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hill can play center.

7. tested911

tested911 Member

It's all a smoke screen for C. Bosh or Amare S.

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Yes he can, but I think with bringing him the plan would be to have him back up the 4 and 5 (in my scenario Landry and Yao)

Also, I can't see Morey bringing in Jefferies to play the 3 with Ariza and Battier here. And yes I know Ariza is playing the 2, but I think we all know that that is not the position he is best suited for.

I think if we make a move with Battier or Scola it will be for a true SG.

A second move just makes sense when you look at the depth chart with Yao back.

Let's not forget our buddy Chuck Hayes too.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think we are mainly just missing the basket.

10. wfox

wfox Member

You say we may not be able to give Scola the contract he wants. That may be true, but it's a lot easier to stay under the luxury tax when you don't have $26 million in dead weight

11. updawg

updawg Member

tmac and a 2nd rounder for Kobe
    (you heard it here first, I have a pretty reliable source)

12. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

Or perhaps Kevin Martin?

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Who? Your crackpipe? :grin:

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, it's actually my pipe -but it's very reliable.

15. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I wish.

16. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I like smoking crack. :)

:(

17. Craftx5

Craftx5 Member

Hill can't even crack the Knicks lineup guys! I do not see why people are still talking about him. I can understand the draft picks we would get from the Knicks but that's it. I rather get all expiring contracts if this deal is going down.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Could you all stop throwing Chuck Hayes's name up in trade scenarios. It would be a big mistake to let Hayes play anywhere else but Houston. He is reason that we have not had a back-up center. In my opinion, because of the way he plays, he should be a Rocket for life.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The shortest center in the league is holding his own. ;)

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

there was a thread about how morey would probably blindside us with a surprising trade, something like that..

and i dont see why morey would include one of our PFs in a deal involving hill. It could just mean scola wont be resigned if he's the difference b/t signing a significant FA or not. Could also mean he's insurance for Landry. Ideally the rockets may want to keep hill and scola after this summer and trade landry in a big deal. Why? Because they cover all their bases. Scola provides good play and experience immediately if they make a run in the playoffs. Hill covers the spot in the future. Landry is good offensively, but not great, and he's about average defensively, if not below. Hill is better than Landry defensively and could possibly match him offensively, so hill could potentiall be better. Of course the key word being "potentially", but maybe houston feels like it's a good gamble.