1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Coogs haven't look good for the last two games. They have to get their mojo back.

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I think our coach got out-coached Sunday and our best player had probably his worst game of the year. I am also hearing Davis may possibly be hurt. We looked disjointed and disinterested. This was a game we should have won but our basketball program is in a good place for the first time in a long time. Win or lose we would probably still would have been the 3 seed regardless playing Georgia State in the first round on Friday. Time to focus our attention on that.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

im concerned with DJ. he's already light to begin with and he was clearly favoring his back for the rest of the game, after tumbling out of bounds for the ball. For someone whose strength is getting to the rim, that's extremely tough to play through. Hopefully, this week gets him right. This is the big stage to let the world see his future talent

4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I would love to see us get past Georgia State, then more than likely it will probably be Iowa State. After that probably Kentucky and then North Carolina. More than likely that is our path to the final four if we are fortunate enough to get there. Who knows since it is one and done during March Madness. If Davis is not able to recover from his injury by Friday, someone like Hinton or Jarreau will need to step up and help carry the load. And Brady is going to have to figure out a way to get more than four minutes into the game before picking up his second foul. It really hurts the team when he is not in there. During the off season we need to get better hitting free throws. If I was the opposing team and Harris was in the game I think I would go Hack-a Harris every chance I got.

5. Buck Turgidson

You've still got the women's tourney, cheer up!

King1, MadMax and Nook like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought it interesting that we struggled with the star blitz just like the Rockets did. The rockets were able to turn them into wide open 26 footers each time when really they should be getting layups. The Cougars did nothing with it and we had two point guards on the floor. We basically got out of it and hit reboot. Wasted opportunities. So Sampson doesn't have a lot to work on, but that should be one thing.

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Elvin Hayes was on 97.5 with CP talking Coogs history and the current team. Check out the podcast if you want a listen they usually post the show around 1:30.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. PhiSlammaJamma

There hasn't been a major upset yet in the tournament, and I'd really like one to occur before we play tonight. I do not want to walk right into the twilight zone.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm nervous :) Go Coogs!!!

Roc Paint likes this.
  11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

UH better shake off those last 2 horrible games.. cuz tourney play is another level.. please pull off this first win, get the nervousness out and make that run for the title

Roc Paint likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let’s do this H-Town.

Co Coogs!

13. Poloshirtbandit

Have they worn these grey unis before? I don't think I've seen these.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's what i like to see. play with that edge that got hou here. lockdown defense and play Coog's ball

15. Poloshirtbandit

Offense has hit a lull. Letting GA State creep back in the game.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Way to step up Houston

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

great 1st half. way to come out locked in

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Above average first half. Brady playing better. White solid. Davis doing his thing. Brooks MIA against a zone concerning, but nothing about Georgia State says upset. Houston's defense putting it on.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I was wondering how miller lite would respond to the bud light commercial, and I think they did pretty good, but it would have been funnier if they delivered a giant barrel of horse shiot to the bud light castle. "Here is your barrel of shiot". Still good comeback.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Armani needs to get some confidence in the second half.