1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a> is at <a href="https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK">@UHCougarMBK</a> game with Cincinnati tonight at Hofheinz Pavilion. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://t.co/r72wazAS6f">pic.twitter.com/r72wazAS6f</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/705589009167228928">March 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Coooooogz! This game is awesome!!!

3. newAge_Rockets

There isn't one team in this conference that we can't beat! Go Coogs! The AAC tournament is gonna be a good one.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Great win! Special.

Most important, we get an easier first round in the conference tournament. And rising. Folks saw us tonight, and our character shined through.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More dangerous by the day.

Go Coogs!

6. OpportunityCost

So proud of this team. They need to keep playing together and moving the ball. Would be awesome to make it to the championship game and hopefully get into the Tourney.

7. OpportunityCost

Also, these refs made really questionable calls against the Coogs. What was the deal with that?

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sampson doing a hell of a job. Not a lot of talent and to win 20+ games with a shot at the big dance is flat out amazing.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't know why this team is considered 'on the bubble'. 21-8, 9-2 in the last 11 games, coach who's won wherever he's been... Bad RPI early on, but they have some good conference wins since then that should put that to rest.

Unless they totally flame out in the tournament, you would think they'd be a sure thing.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

#2 seed boys.

Last night opened a lot of eyes. And CBS announced us as the #2 seed with their national broadcast team. So I do think there was an awakening as to who we are. Forgetting the RPI, several things of course outweigh that RPI in our favor.

We now have a better record, and a better conference record, than 3 of the 8 bubble teams going into the weekend. So I dare the Committee to put our rivals in over us. I dare them. They won't do it. Cincinnati, Tulsa, and Connecticut cannot get in without us. We beat them all. We outplayed them all in conference. It's simple paper logic I do not think a room full of intelligent people can look past. There are going to be six, count them six 20 win teams in our conference for sake. We were better than all of them but one.

We are also hot as hell. Something the Committee looks at. After our first round win next week we'll be 10-2 with several prime wins down the stretch. Not one bubble team can match it, in or out of conference. And with a semi final win that would be 11-2.

We have a recognizable coach. This helps. Earns a little more respect.

Believe that because we were around 5-6 in the conference all year, nobody nationally really took us seriously, nor could they, or even watched us, sometimes not even our own fans, but as the 2 seed in a Conference that was bidding 4 teams, the simple paper logic will outweigh the RPI in my opinion. How could they let anyone in conference in without us. We did more than everyone else except Temple.

It would be tragic and a cop out to ask us now to win the tournament to get in. It would be lazy on their part. Just getting to the final should be enough at 24-9. But argue strongly that the quarterfinal win should be enough. We'd be 23-9 and still second best in conference.

Da' Cougars need to get the marketing going now. We need a lot of noise. We need to remind people that Rob Gray sat out like 3 games or more. Information is key. Make it happen UH. Our voice has been a whisper all season, but it needn't be now.

Now if we lose the opener. Got me. Ok. But win that, and I'd put us in.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The OOC schedule was ranked in 300's that is the sole reason we aren't being mentioned for an at large birth. We really only have 2 bad losses all year and that was URI ( who no one thought was a bad loss at the time) and USF at home.

We really need to win a couple games in Orlando and hope some of these bubble teams lose games to get in the conversation.

I just really don't see us moving up enough to get a bid minus winning the auto birth. It is probably NIT for us this year, but we could get a game at home and this team getting to play more games is not a bad thing.

If we don't get in the big dance I would love to see us make a run to NY for the NIT Final Four. SMU did this 3 years ago and it really boosted their program for the next couple of years.

13. newAge_Rockets

Our OOC schedule is what is killing us

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

Good to see Cincy beating SMU.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

where and when do the cougars play next? it's Sunday and I want to be lazy. :cool:

16. Plowman

Supporting Member

Hey,hey..What's up Brother? : )

We don't play until next Friday.

It should give RG Jr more time to get healthy/right/integrated back in with where these guys are now.

His absence really influenced the growth of this young team...made some guys step up/grow up....and we have Big Mo.

Great job, Kelvin Sampson.

#256 Plowman, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Tomorrow at 6pm vs Tulane

18. Cypress

Cypress Member

I was wondering where the UH Men basketball thread was at.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lets get it! :cool:

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

There it is... WHOSE HHHOUSE!?!?