1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cosby admitted to drugging woman for sex in 2005 deposition.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Coach AI, Jul 6, 2015.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Non-sense...

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This sounds more like Richard Pryor than Bill Cosby.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Probably the first standup I ever listened to. My grandmother had some of his standup records and I found them and listened- 'Baby Coach Wheels' is still in my head today when I think of Cosby.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is the single solitary pelt for the #MeToo Movement

Rocket River

jcf likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mr. Shower Robe is facing felony charges in NYC. He's gonna get at least 3 years too.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Weinstein? I doubt it . .. seriously
    I am surprised they got Cosby
    I think Cos will appeal for bail and be out in a few
    then die waiting on the retrial
    (Surprised he lost the bail hearing)

Rocket River

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

The things that sucks about this whole thing is that Cosby was Americas Dad. EVERYBODY looked up to the guy. Fat Albert and The Cosby Show were both inspirational, taught values, and were entertaining. I remember watching his comedy-concerts on HBO as a kid. Dirty comedy is easy..clean comedy is very hard, and he did it so well. Seeing this hurts. It's more than disappointing. It's downright crushing. When there is only accusers (like Kobe) it's easy to blow off the accusation as someone just looking for money. But when it's over 20 people with the exact same story, you KNOW he did it. And thats what makes it worse...that someone you truly looked up to turned out to be a despicable person. I'm not just sad, but I'm actually angry at Cosby.

seclusion, Yung-T and Houstunna like this.
  8. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

There's no way Weinstein gets out of this without jail time. Way too many accusers (Like Cosby). They are building a case in Cali as well, so Weinstein may also face charges in L.A. on top of those in NY. So if he somehow skirts jail time in NY, Cali will be there waiting to prosecute.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Both were incredibly influential, but Cosby changed the actual cadence of how stand up was done. If you ever watch a comedian launch into a "personal story" that takes 15-20 minutes to tell and has jokes along the way, that was Cosby's influence.

You can argue that Pryor brought more depth and pain into the comedy and touched on more difficult subjects, and that was his heavy influence.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

DFWRocket likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

There's such a broad range of charges that can be brought against him that I betty does jail time.

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

voice typing? o_O

Jontro likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The "Bill Cosby - Himself" stand-up tour in 1981 is quite famous and was the funniest thing around at the time. In today's comedy, it probably wouldn't be as popular. But, back then, it felt revolutionary and was the ****! I remember watching that as a kid.

14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

My dad and I watched that special over and over and it was great, sad to see he was not as genuine as I thought.

macho GRANDE and RudyTBag like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

"Chocolate cake for breakfast!"

Invisible Fan, ROCKSS and Blatz like this.
  16. jcf

jcf Member

I agree that as you get more accusers, the accusations certainly seem more credible.

But, there are hundreds of millions of people in the US. My guess is that when law enforcement asks the public for help, they get inundated with false leads, outright lies, false confessions and nut jobs.

I know we are always supposed to believe the accuser, but that sentiment goes against everything I thought our country stood for.

Do I think it is likely that Cosby is guilty: yes.

Am I willing to consider that when one false accusation is made and it results in fame or money for the accuser, others -- maybe many others -- may join in: Yes.

I think people are basically good, but just on sheer percentages, there are plenty of whack jobs, opportunists who might join the spectacle.

Cosby's deposition that is so "damning": it doesn't say he purposefully, secretly drugged women to rape them. he admits to supplying drugs (quaaludes,benadryl) to some women he ended up sleeping with.

No idea, but my guess is during that time, lots of people indulged in quaaludes -- they were massively popular -- as a prelude to hooking up.

Not my cup of tea, but I know guys who attract younger women by supplying coke to them. That is a trade -- not a particularly honorable one -- but not rape.

So did Cosby do it: probably but I don't know for sure. I do know his supposed admission is rarely described correctly.

I agree more accusations = more likely.

I disagree that it is dispositive.

#196 jcf, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yep, this.

I'm going through this old thread, trying to find what was the evidence that convicted Cosby. If it was just the word of one or more women, to me that's very unfortunate, and not enough. Not anymore. Events have now shown that enough women can easily be found to try and accuse/convict a powerful man of rape or assault, for money or political advantage, regardless of whether there is merit to the charge.

And I'm still not seeing anything that says these ladies were tricked into taking whatever. An equally valid conclusion was these pharmaceuticals were considered "party favors" that both Cosby and the woman took voluntarily. I'm happy to be shown evidence otherwise.

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I totally agree with RoscoeArbuckle.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Statute of limitations apply here.

With a man that old, his punishment is a ruined legacy and estate.

His legacy was that great that it allowed people to look the other way for a crazy long time. I see some people generally asking why don't women come forward at the time of their assault, and that resistance to allowing the accusation to be true goes a long way against putting anything real in the record.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Kobe never really meant **** for me. Cosby was totally that Uncle I looked up to as a kid.
    I wasn't entirely surprised that Cosby did all of that though, Jordan taught me that all these celebrities are just flawed human beings. The depths of Cosby's depravity were shocking, however. **** him, Eddie Murphy had it right all along.