1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corona Virus what will happen thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 14, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Ok so some scenarios I have thought up and I'd love to hear others. WARNING: This is all speculation so cool your jets before you shout Alex Jones. If you don't enjoy speculation then this is not a thread for you:

Some things that may happen

China wins big at home:
    The threat of internal malcontent is huge, and this may be fixed soon. Corona Virus will tear through China, spread to Taiwan, rip apart Hong Kong, grind it to a halt, make it impossible to publically organize and will stamp out any such protesting. The dire situation will create public support for Big Brother China to step in and this will allow China to fully take over Hong Kong.

China wings big abroad against the US:
    The virus spreads and the need for medical supplies made in China will freeze the Trade War until another admin is voted for or completely flip the advantage to China in the trade war as people struggle to find basic medical supplies or medicines.

China loses big at home:
    The CCP must face the wrath of an angry population after tens of millions lose loved ones to their mismanagement. This could happen if it is widely learned that they are responsible for it getting this bad or even engineering the virus which I wouldn't rule out. This is also why journalists covering the virus are reportedly and likely disappearing.

China loses big abroad:
    Investors and countries lose faith in China as a trade partner after finding it hard to get things due to their mismanagement and begin to spread their manufacturing investments into other countries in order to avoid future problems and shortages, and an over reliance on one country for trade.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

bump.

I posted this more than a month and a half ago and so far some of it's playing out. Anyone have some predictions for America? China? The world?