1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corona’s back in Beijing (Or maybe never left?)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roomba, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if y’all are aware (or give a damn) but there are presumably hundreds of new cases in Beijing after one food inspector dude visited a bunch of food markets while infected. Basically, my point is that the virus is still a pretty huge issue, despite people over here’s baseless claim that “the heat kills COVID” (it doesn’t, unless it’s cooked)

Now the city is on semi-lockdown again, though thankfully my local gym is open despite government orders so I keep balling :D

I know there are many more important things going on in the world right now—but we gotta remember that COVID-19 is lurking just out of sight. Clutchfans has helped keep me sane over these last shitty couple of months, and I’m grateful and thankful for you all!

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stay safe Roomba!

I’m looking into getting an antibody test done soon.

More and more people are starting to not take the virus seriously anymore, and I think we could see a huge 2nd wave. U go into some places, and maybe 20% are wearing masks. I see couples with 1 of them wearing a mask while the other isn’t which makes no sense to me at all.

RayRay10, B-Bob and Roomba like this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think that antibody test would be a great idea! So many people said they had bad flu this year and I’m wondering how many of those cases were actually the Coronavirus.

I totally agree with you on people downplaying the virus. A lot of my family back home have stopped wearing masks altogether, which is crazy to me. It’s not going away just because it’s not on the news as much. And if a place as strict as Beijing was is getting its second wave, I think we don’t have the virus as under control as we’ve been told.

RayRay10, Reeko and B-Bob like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pure

RayRay10 and Roomba like this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Not as pure as a 99er, but by 2040 I’ll be close :p

RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well if people keep acting like it's gone, this going to be back as the number problem .

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

And I think this is exactly the issue. It was definitely part of the problem in Beijing; people were getting lax and then all of a sudden the city is on semi-lockdown again.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Be safe, Roomba. Hope it doesn’t get as bad there as a crap country like the US! :D

but yes, humans don’t have the patience for this bug.

RayRay10 and Roomba like this.