1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Benjamin accused of assault and battery!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HOOP-T, Oct 25, 2000.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

2. roydelton

roydelton Member

Hi HOOP-T. Yes, he was my boy but in time (short) I will turn him into Joe Smith.
    Corey is a nice player, but Joe certainly prevails. We'll waive him shortly and some team shold pick him up.

------------------
    Can't love all of you ...

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Roy,
    Do you really thing the Bulls will acquire Smith? I predict he will end up in MN regardless.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. roydelton

roydelton Member

Yes I do HOOP-T. I did some math about this one ... If we sign Smith right now at $6 Million starting salary, we will still be about $11 or $12 Million under the cap next season.With all those things this summer, I think Jerry will go after every availible good man. Joe Smith will be availible if he is forced by Stern to resign with Minnesota for the minimum.I've read somewhere that some league sources say that if his Bird rights are voided, frontruners are New York and Miami,but that is only if Chicago doesn't come out with multiyear contract. I believe Jerry can give him 3-year deal starting at $6 Million. This will give us three good 4s. Fizer looks like a 'man to much' here,and could be send in the Clippers like part of the deal for acquiring Odom ... at least I hope so ... Anyway,getting Joe won't hurt us.

------------------

5. roydelton

roydelton Member

Oh yes,I would have slapped my girlfriend too,if she locks herself in house which is 100% my investment, and she doesn't let me in after some word-fight.
    I hope he wins this trial and she is sentenced to death, or life in prison with right to probation after 90 years.
    I hope that isn't too harsh.
    Man I should become a judge, a know I can succesfully sentence people.
    What do you think about this?

------------------

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Roy;
    Krause will go after all the big names like he did last year right? How many big names did you get? Mercer.... well if you're paying 7million a season for him then I believe that you'll give Joe Smith a 3 year 20 million dollar deal.

As far as Fizer being traded for Odom - do you have ANY grasp on reality or do you dream such fantastic dreams that you think the Clippers would do that deal?

I'm sure in your country it's par for the course to slap your girlfriend round, but someplaces in the world we believe that men and women deserve the SAME rights.

------------------

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ding, ding, ding.

We have a winner for dumbest post in Clutchcity.net (or .com for that matter) history.

Idiot.

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of yourself and umption.

visit www.swirve.com

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Hey have you read the rest of this guy's posts? Nothing can beat, "at least I don't screw sheep." [​IMG]

------------------

9. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

It's a good thing that you're only 12 and don't have a girlfriend yet. Be careful though; at your age, most girls could still probably whip your @$$ [​IMG]

Maybe you should just stick to smacking around the sheep [​IMG]

------------------

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Roydelton...you're nuts. If we're 6 mil under the cap now, and sign smith to a multi-year contract for six mill---where are we going to get 11 or 12 millon dollars worth of free space from? This is the argument I had with everyone on the Bulls boards when they were talking about trading for Garnett.

We simply don't have the salaries to do it. No one on the roster makes that much so that cutting them or their contrsct coming to an end would free us up that much.

Krause is interested Smith for a season only...or to sign him and trade him 90 days later.

------------------

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

No, no..

It was: "At least I screw sheep."

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Oh, yeah... that makes it even funnier!

------------------

13. roydelton

roydelton Member

I love all of you too ...
    Explanation to gettinbranded ... how we can be under the cap for $12-13 Million next year even with Joe signed for $6M.
    2001-02
    Draft pick,projected to be in the first five ($1.7M)
    Joe Smith ($6.6M)
    Ron Mercer ($6.1M)
    Elton Brand ($3.9M)
    Resigned Dragan Tarlac (counts $3M)
    Marcus Fizer ($2.75M)
    Jamal Crawford ($1.9M)
    Ron Artest ($1.24M)
    Dalibor Bagaric ($0.85M)
    Michael Ruffin ($0.48M)
    Khalid El-Amin ($0.4M)
    AJ Guyton ($0.4M)
    Jake Voskuhl ($0.4M)

Fred Hoiberg (free agent, $1.14M)
    Corey Benjamin (free agent, $1.3M)
    Bryce Drew (free agent, $1.8M)
    Brad Miller (free agent, he'll be traded in december for players with contracts ending or just for low draft pick)

So Total for players under contract is $29.72M
    The cap for next season is projected by the league at $42.7M
    The diference is $12.98M.That is how much we have. If Bryce Drew and Fred Hoiberg are also retained the space for FA's will reduce to $10.04M. This resigning gives us 15 players under contract, so I would think about this resigning of Drew and Hoiberg.
    If we can't trade Brad in december or later, then we just let him go after this season (t-opt for next one).
    Also I think getting Mashburn is realistic goal for next season if nobody else.The Bulls need another SF,he now plays for Charlotte which can't resign any of their FA's and so on.I also think even Houston have a shot at him.

ODOM situation ...
    I love this guy.I even think he can be better than Brand and Francis in a few years. So getting him won't hurt either.
    I am optimistic about this even more because he's playing for the Clippers. Come on,this team's biggest contract was given to Pitkowyski (4year,$12M). That is $3M average. I wonder why I think he will be availible in 2002. Sure he's a restricted FA, but can the Clippers match any max offer from any other team (i'm not saying only Chicago)? No can do guys. So this gives me a reason to think about them trading him this season or most probably next one. So getting Joe now, would make him or Fizer expendable at the time, and with adding some other talent like Artest or one of our other PG's would do it. I think that's better than losing him for nothing in 2003.

AND GARNNET situation ... gettinbranded ARE YOU nuts?

------------------

14. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I never thought this thread would get half this many posts...but that's what you get when Roy Boy is around! Keep debating folks!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."