1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Copa America centennial-2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by K mf G, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

¡¡GOOOOOOLAZOOO!! H. Herrera 90+2' :grin:

México 3
    Uruguay 1

⚽️

2. Bob Barker 007

Huge victory with Mexico. They are now the favorites to advance out of their group in first.

3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Yeah, I will begrudgingly admit that it was impressive. CONCACAF has had mixed results so far.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

SPOT ON!

DD

5. papadrunk

papadrunk Member

Does anyone know why the Univision TV commentators failed to call Mexico's 2nd and 3rd goals? It came across as very salty and unprofessional.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

potential final

Argentina vs Chile

(with Mexico being dangerous)

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You were listening to the secondary audio. They have different audio channels for this cop on Univision and that one was Uruguay's broadcast.

8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Colombia, Argentina, and Mexico all looked good. Venezuela, Chile, and Jamaica on the 2nd tier.

Very disappointing the way the US looked on the opening night, hopefully they can turn it around

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I did not think Colombia looked good - they scored on a hand ball and a poor marking on a free kick, didn't really threaten otherwise.

For me, Mexico and Argentina and Chile all looked good.

I have high hopes for tonight's game with the USA vs Costa Rica - hopefully Nagbe plays on top of Bradley...

DD

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Klins is an idiot. This competition should be where you get the young guys experience in real games that matter. Not starting Pulisic and Nagbe is so dumb. Dempsey and Bradley are no longer viable starters.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Excellent graphic representation of the 12 nationalities being represented and with some influence in USA. No knock on the U.S. and its melting pot. I think it's a perfect combination of all these cultures coming together.

http://www.univision.com/deportes/c...7&hootPostID=1104aa91c88d0a13fbbeaea62c54516e
    [​IMG]

Get it together, Stars and Stripes! Paraguay and Costa Rica are giving you an excellent chance! :cool:

Also here's an interactive display on where all players play their club soccer:
    http://www.univision.com/deportes/copa-america-centenario-2016/the-emigrants-of-soccer
    [​IMG]

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While I agree Klinsmann is a an idiot I don't understand the notion that Dempsey should be benched. Granted he has lost a little but he is still capable of scoring from anywhere on the field. He needs to play more of an attacking midfielder role with Wood as the upfront striker. Wood did not show well against Colombia but Dempsey was really our only threat all game.

Still I would like to see Wood play his more natural position while moving Dempsey around a little. I would not bench Dempsey for Zardes so Zardes is the odd man out although I thought he played well against Bolivia in the friendly but who didn't.

Zardes has had some truly awful touches and passes that they are outweighing any potential or bright spots he has shown in the past. Doesn't seem to have a natural feel or goal scoring mentality that someone like Dempsey and Wood posses.

I mostly like what Bedoya brings but he didn't do much against Colombia either but he would be my starting right outside mid.

I do agree about Bradley. His touch and passing has been bad for a couple of years now. Maybe I just never noticed it against bad teams but he just doesn't seem that confident on the ball with a little bit of pressure in his face. I think the scouting reports are out on him and teams with speed know how to exploit him. I think the combination of Bradley and Dempsey is outdated but I believe Dempsey and Nagbe would work better together with quick combinations passes instead of cross field 50-50 balls that Bradley loves so much.

I would run a 4-4-2 with Wood as main striker with Dempsey as an attacking midfielder/striker trying to show for Wood as he receives it.

I would have Pulisic as left mid with Nagbe in the middle and Bedoya out right. Jermaine Jones would be my defensive center mid as I would rather have his suicide balls than Bradley's. He also is a slightly better defender.

I would stick with the same back four of Johnson, Brooks, Cameron and Yedlin and hope they gel together. I would consider moving Johnson forward for Pulisic if he is better served off the bench in the 50-60 minute mark.

Not sure who could play left back though which would be a big question mark but could be worth it to get one of our most skilled players pushed up more in the attack in Fabian Johnson.

Count me out on Bradley and in on Dempsey but I do think Clint will look even better in his more natural position and with Nagbe replacing Bradley.

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What is the deal with Klinnsman? You can't freaking start the same lineup.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh boy. the goal always looks so small when you lineup for a penalty kick.

USA rewarded with a goal after getting out played 8 of the 10 minutes played. I'm ok with that.

15. papadrunk

papadrunk Member

Thank you bud! Makes sense.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bobby Wood has screwed up 3 chances now.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Jones caused all of that with effort. Rewarded with GOAL!

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dempsey is playing really well.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lucky bad touch leads to a goal. Great shot by Jones.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

And we have Wood! 3-0.