1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Cool Story) Why I hate moochers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMania1991, Aug 4, 2011.

1. RocketMania1991

So in late June I backed up into a parked car with a male/female couple standing outside of it. My friend was the one who made me notice it, as I didn't even hear/feel it. My car took no damage and required no repairs.

I was going maybe max 1-3 MPH, I drive a 2008 4 Full Cab F150 Platinum Edition, they drove a 2002 piece of crap car. Worth maybe 2-3 Grand MAX. The right rear bumper of their car was pushed in and arguably could of been popped out and repaired for maybe 100 dollars. Had this car not been made of cheap plastic it would of been fine, as my Truck made of real material was perfectly fine.

Anyways,I exchanged information, acknowledged my fault. The claim was settled a couple of weeks ago. I got an email/letter from Statefarm saying so.

Now today I get a call from my insurance saying the claim has been reopened and my insurance was confirming my recurrence of the events again.

This couple was not very fluent and English and obviously were not the most well off couple. They seemed nice at the time though and handled things like anyone would.

So my question is are these people about to try and bull**** their way into trying to fake an injury of some sort by saying they were in the car.

My friend was with me and the insurance got his # and he is going to state what I already told the insurance.

I hope they aren't trying to mooch off myself and my family, but I wouldn't be surprised. There are some serious douchebags and scum who will try to take advantage of situations like this.

BTW on a side note, I'm 20 years old white, and the car I drive is very nice for someone my age. They probably saw potential $$$ pop up in their head.

Not trying to sound stuckup or rich but these are the worst type of people.

Anyone had this happen to them? Or can relate.

I've already contacted my lawyer and informed him of all of this.

2 people like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Isn't a mooch someone who always borrows stuff and money and never returns or pays it back?

3. RocketMania1991

I guess I could of chosen a better word, like Assholes.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

is there a good reason to like moochers? anyhow, it sucks that some people can't just accept what is fair. hope you don't end up paying any more money.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

A few things here:

1) All bumper covers are made of the same type of "cheap" plastic. They collapse and dent in because that is what they are designed to do.

2) Nothing costs $100 to fix, unless it is just buffing out a scratch. If a bumper cover is pushed in, then it stretches the materials, sometimes to the point of requiring replacement. If it can be repaired, you are normally looking at a minimum of $200-$300 just in repair/refinish, not to mention any access/trim time.

3) It is not un-common for an insurance company to re-open a claim. Once an initial payment is made, the claim is technically "closed" unless more payments are warranted. In this case, it is possible that the repair shop found more damage, thus requiring an additional payment. However, if they are contacting you to verify your version of the events, this may mean the claimant is attempting to claim additional damage that they think may not be related. I would doubt that State Farm would now consider a BI claim after an accident in June, especially if you told them the vehicle was not occupied when you hit it.

Hope that helps.

6. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I feel your pain. I made 2 people 100,000 dollars each richer but I didn't pay for it. Progressive and state farm did.

7. sbyang

sbyang Member

Let me translate the OP:

Joke, no offense OP....

8 people like this.
  8. Relentless

Relentless Member

That's funny bro. deppeR

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Just found that out! Car rear ended me this past Sunday and busted my taillight and put two small dings in the body. $1k to repair :eek: Granted it was a dealer body shop, which in my experience, is a few hundred more. But wow. I'm glad I wasn't at fault and they had insurance.

10. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

hahahaha

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You sound like a gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Do you wear a button down shirt. Khaki shorts and loafers with no socks?

13. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Not just any loafers... sperry's, and a polo or PFG button down. And polo shorts that are about 5 inches above the knee. Seriously though, I'm 22 and hate when toolbags dress like that. It's so frat!!!!!!! :grin:

14. El Hitman

El Hitman Member

Pompous prick.

1 person likes this.
  15. RocketMania1991

I rock a V-neck combined with champs gym shorts, and nike 6.0s.

find me on the streets yahur

16. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Who the hell would look at a 2008 F150 and see $$$? Hilarious. My Infiniti had a damaged bumper and tail light. I thought it was $800 in damage. Real estimate, $4200. So a cheap car probably doesn't drive out of the bodyshop for under $1K for bumper damage.

17. raj87

raj87 Member

To be fair, it is a PLATINUM edition. Kudos to the third world victims, for recognizing the mediocre value of top end Ford packages.

1 person likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

19. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I didn't realize that any pick-up truck could be considered a "nice" car or give the impression that the driver is loaded.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gZgbl1mXn3A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I79Jmgb8nyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.