1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cool Story, Bro] - Rox @ Hawks courtside seat observations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by boheezi, Mar 5, 2015.

1. boheezi

boheezi Member

Hey guys

I know we just endured two tough losses, but hopefully I will spread some positive energy via this post. Or just read it as a "Cool story, bro" :p

So I was able to save up enough money from my first official job to finally get to see my Rockets in person, and I jumped to the chances when Rockets came to ATL and played the Hawks.

I was able to buy these two awesome seats for me and my girlfriend and we had a blast.

I just want to point out some observations from my Point of View as we sat right behind the rockets bench.

1. Dwight Howard is quite interactive with the fans. One of the hawks fans was screaming at Howard and was doing the whole "Swirling" James Harden island hand signal. But whenever Rockets scores, Dwight will look at him and does the signal right back at the fan. At the end of the game, he actually went up to the guy and shook his hand. The reason being that fan had a baby girl with him and Dwight went to say hello to the kid. Also, I yelled "Dwight" and he looked back at me and said what's up, I told him to tell James Harden to kick lebron for real next time, he smiled.

2. The team chemistry is quite good. It seems like they really enjoy each others company. After Prigioni's three in the fourth quarter that boosted the lead to 15 I believe, Dwight was standing up yelling, "We got a SQUAD HERE BABY!!" I was really happy to see that. Trevor and Jones were fighting for the same rebound at one sequence, and during the time out, Trevor was telling Jones, "Let me get a rebound please TJONES!" Those were just two of many occasions I see the team having fun together.

3. Kevin McHale is trying his hardest to coach. I know we give him a lot of crap for not being able to coach, which is kinda true, but he is definitely trying. One thing though, he is actually not very harsh towards his players.... JB and Chris were actually the bad cops of the coaching staff, they were more harsh towards the players than McHale. But the players really do respect McHale, which is quite a good sign.

4. From what I saw in the game, the team took the loss quite hard. It's not like you see usually with pro-teams, where players didn't care about a loss, and just laughing and joking... The rockets took the loss quite hard, everyone was kinda down, but in good spirit because they knew they played a good game. So I feel good in a way that these guys can really want to win.

I just want to say that I love this team, and I am glad that with my influence, my girlfriend is in love with this team now too.

One more thing, if someone could help us, that would be great. My girlfriend and I along with another couple of Rockets fans were filmed by the Rockets broadcast during the halftime, I tried to look for a Rockets feed but couldn't find any, if anyone know anyway to find a clip of that, that would be greatly appreciated :)

And now, for the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lastly, we took a pic with Bill!!!
    [​IMG]

GO ROCKETS!!!

22 people like this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Great stuff!

3. SemisolidSnake

Yes, yes, yes, I love these game accounts so much. Excellent job. You get an inside view of a world so different than you get through the camera. Thanks for sharing!

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Very cool stuff. Reped and thanks for sharing.

Sidenote, sitting courtside is #1 on my bucket list so im curious how much you paid?

5. boheezi

boheezi Member

it was about 500 each for the seats. I saved for a bit as I just started my job recently... i gotta say, well worth it :D

6. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Great post thanks for sharing. Great hearing the team cares about winning.

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Courtside seats, nothing better...Thank You for the insight and the pictures!

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

check the games download thread for the game links...they should have have at least one from the local broadcast.

10. boheezi

boheezi Member

Gotcha, I definitely will. Thanks

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Actually, looking at the options, i don't think they provided a local one for this game. At least not on the links to direct online feeds. You can try the download links, but that's usually not any different.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Nice - thanks for sharing that. I'm so envious!

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cool story and personality.

Nice work.. repped.

The players did respect JB and Chris, right

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Bill groped your gf bro.

15. Methom

Methom Member

I love these "Cool Story Bro" write ups!!! Hope you had fun!

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

17. newAge_Rockets

Very cool story, I'm glad y'all had a great time!! Bill seems like such an awesome guy.

18. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Awesome story, I bet Bill had a great time.

19. Asian Sensation

Awhhhh herroo I Rikuhhh yo piktchuhs bery much.

20. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Awesome! thanks for sharing. once you sit that close to the action, it's hard to ever go back to the nosebleeds