1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Continue the streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Feb 14, 2019.

?

Polling the Clutch Fans

1. Lose but Harden gets 30

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Win but Harden gets 29

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Harden just sits out so the streak doesn't end, and he'll be fully healthy for the playoffs

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Would the Rockets be better off if Harden’s streak just kept going?

I’ve enjoyed the streak as much as anyone, so maybe it’s time to let it continue and focus on the Unguardable Tour rather than continuing this so-called “playing basketball”.

My feeling is that he is fully committing to playing to get to 30. Harden is taking more and more shots because in the back of his mind he needs to keep his hot streak going, and his teammates are happy to let him do it. I feel like it’s become a attraction at this stage. The goal should be to just score points, not to win games. It’s been fun and the end of the season is approaching and it’s time to get serious about regular season basketball.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Winning is overrated.

jcf likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If you're asking what I'd rather have, obviously a win in any circumstance. But I don't think the Rockets will automatically win if he intentionally stops trying to score before hitting 30.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if harden sits out w/ mild injury doesn't insurance then pay his salary for games missed? save tilman should be our #1 priority, no?

samtaylor likes this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

IDIOT. There's a thread titled "end the streak?" and this one titled "continue the streak?"

Surprised there's not a thread simply titled "streak," at this point.

jfc, CF. GARM is gonna be a hot mess during this break, with all the bored CFers.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ooooorrrr... Capela gets healthy, then we have Harden get his 30 while we win.

Where is that option in the poll?

7. smokieethabear

Winning is for losers!

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I upvoted OP just so I could unlike the post.