1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I swear this is like watching the dumbest person on earth try to convince everyone else they're stupid.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

First, yes it is more powerful. Plenty of 3rd-party titles have demonstrated this already with higher resolutions for the same game.

Secondly, show me where Sony claimed all games would be in 1080 6fps. You can't, because you are making things up like always. A couple optimistic claims for a few specific games (Watchdogs, Killzone) does not equal claiming that every game ever on the system will be 1080p.

Define "earning a sale." Seriously. You are talking 100% nonsense. Sony clearly earned the sales because, well, their sales numbers are higher. It's just a fact.

XB1 does not have even one title that separates it from PS4 to me, either. You're stating that PS4 has no good exclusives like it's a fact rather than a matter of personal preference. I personally prefer PS4's exclusives even at this juncture, let alone when Bloodborne comes out.

So you're saying Sony didn't "earn their sales" because they started off at the correct price point, instead of pricing too high and then lowering it? Congratulations, that makes zero sense.

And no, their exclusives are not interesting to me. At all. Exclusives are a matter of personal preference, and I do not care about more shooters like Titanfall or Master Chief Collection, etc.

Potential does not equal reality, which is the point I made in my last post that you ignored. 360 had a big lead that MS then squandered. Why do you believe that MS will suddenly start caring more?

And no, the 360 experience did not get better to me. It got worse. They went from that Blades UI to an ad-infested mess that made me not even want to turn my machine on anymore. They went from having exclusives or timed exclusives I cared about early on (Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Gears of War 1) to... not much. There's a reason PS3 caught up to 360.

Show me where I said I expect MS to lie down and die? Oh yeah, I didn't. What I'm disputing is you're saying that "XB1 has a great future vs PS4 which is somewhat questionable." You. Have. No. Basis. For. Saying. That. It's that simple.

You might try actually addressing things I say, instead of making up things you wish I'd said.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

I did but you are sold on arguing with an opinion and I have already shared how that opinion came to be. But you don't want to accept the reasons behind why I feel the way I do you just want to disagree and make claims that The
    PS4 has earned their sales because they have sold more..... Dre Beats outsell any headphones out there on pure hype but that does not mean they are a better set of headphones..... Or wait, by your logic they are the best set of headphones because of a 70% sale advantage over their competition....

Neither PS4 or Xbox One have released something that can actually justify one over the other. Both consoles look virtually the same and what Xbox lacks in resolution it makes up with fps.... But the story will always be the same, if Xbox drops a classic you will say it was not interesting and if PS4 releases another TLOU Xbox owners will say that they prefer Halo.......

You say I have yet to answer your arguments well I say you have yet to provide evidence why PS4 has a brighter future than Xbox.... I keep claiming Xbox has the advantage due to Microsoft back it up but you keep overlooking it. So why? Why is the PS4 more promising than the Xbox? Aside from the "power" bs ps fanboys want to shove down peoples throats.. Give me a good reason and I promise I will agree........

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol...what?
    More of you showing that you have no clue what you're talking about.
    I'd love for you to try and explain this.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

no offense. but there are plenty of people out there that are not weirdos about video games and think that both systems are great. without having to devolve to some argument about a system "earning its sales" and someone can be impartial while still not being into shooting games. it is a simple preference.

6. Drexlerfan22

HOW. ARE. YOU. NOT. GETTING. THIS.

How about I'll number these so you can't possibly miss it?
    1) I DID NOT claim PS4 has a brighter future than Xbox. I don't need to back up a claim I did not make.
    2) You DID claim that Xbox has a brighter future than PS4, and have provided no logical reasoning behind it.

I've already explained TWICE why just saying "Microsoft" does not equal a brighter future: the 360 had a big lead early on against the PS3, and instead of extending their dominance, they let Sony catch up completely by the end. What is your reason for believing MS will all of a sudden start caring more?

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The oculus will tear both of these outdated systems. Ill soon be living a fantasy world.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Why do people even try debating with trolls? seclusion made fair points if you're looking between Xbox vs PS.

For me, PC is the master race. Mostly anything available on Xbox or PS will come to PC, and I'm not worried about the ones that don't. My choice was simple after that. I went with a Wii U.

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

PS4 has sold faster than PS2 so far. Do you think it can eventually overtake the PS2 in term of sales figures?

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

There's an actual debate over PS4 vs Xbox in here?

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Niiiice, that's exactly how I imagine seclusion and the ps fanboys in this thread...

13. Drexlerfan22

I'm dubious on the idea that anything will ever duplicate the commercial success of the PS2, but I suppose anything is possible. It ran nearly unopposed for so long. Compare that to the PS4, which has had solid competition from day 1.

I mean even the Wii, which seemed like a total juggernaut at the beginning, quickly fizzled out. Something would have to get the original momentum that the Wii had, and then manage to maintain it over a sustained period of years. That's a tall order. I don't think any console this generation will get to where the PS2 was.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm a Playstation fanboy, and yet I almost exclusively play my Xbox for the past 5 months. You continue to amaze with your brilliance and logic. Did you get your GED yet?

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You'll still need to plug the Oculus Rift in to something.

And to Salvy...you are throwing around the PS fanboy label. I own an Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and a gaming PC. I will gladly buy an XBone if they show me an exclusive worth buying. Nothing they have announced yet will get me to spend money, though.

Like I said before...If MS comes out with a good football game, I will gladly drop the $450.

I am hardly a fanboy. Stop projecting.

16. Drexlerfan22

Well we know there's no way he passed reading comprehension in high school.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO have you? Quit reaching bruh.... You prob do play Xbox more than PS yet you defend PS as if it was your first born.... I don't even aim at PS just state my opinion.... You get offended and then try to offend... Wont happen..

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

And that's great, I would love for someone to step out and release a sports game that does not rerelease yearly. Someone bold enough that will instead offer a yearly roster update and new features...

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh the irony.......

20. Drexlerfan22

Yet you make a baseless claim that PS4 "doesn't have a bright future," then have nothing to defend it, instead trying to get out of it by claiming that I said the opposite... which I didn't?

Someone is certainly reaching in this thread.