1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservatives Second Amendment Enthusiasts Charged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Good. Both of them should enjoy some time behind bars. The mother shouldn’t have continued to argue with them, but that doesn’t justify trying to run her over and brandishing weapons on her and her family.

Also, when will people realize the Second Amendment was ratified at a time in American history when the country didn’t have a large national militia and had to also rely on state militias during conflicts? Not to mention, many Americans in 1791 still had to hunt for their own food, so it made sense to allow them to own guns, within reason. Now, that’s not the case. The Second Amendment was never meant to allow anyone to own a gun and use it as a weapon in any situation. People have perverted its meaning to justify owning guns for personal use, and it needs to be amended, accordingly.

#2 DVauthrin, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    RayRay10, Jayzers_100 and CometsWin like this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's because the older generation of this country (50+) is chick full of a bunch of Karens that can't adapt to any difficult situation or interpret anything that requires any inference.

Or at least that's been my experience.

Not saying they're all that way, but there's a bunch of them.

Though in this case, I think the white wan overreacted, but the black mother and daughter were overreacting as well. People need to learn to be respectful of each other. In the full video, the white woman tried to say something about how she cares about the mother and daughter (assuming she was trying to deescalate). It wasn't heard. If you charge one party, the other should be charged with simple harassment, imo. No way this should have resulted in a gun being pulled, though.

RayRay10, Nook and DVauthrin like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That video isn't clear cut. It actually seems the black mother and daughter were escalating the situation, and then the mother walks behind the vehicle as it's pulling out and starts hitting the car apparently thinking they were backing into her intentionally (but clearly probably accidentally).

So the question is that if someone is blocking you and hitting your car, is that enough of a threat to step out and burnish your weapon? Given that the mother said she would "beat their ass" you can make that case.

It was a mistake to pull the gun out in my opinion. That was an overreaction. But the mother and daughters were provoking them.

5. Two Sandwiches

Well, as much as I don't agree with pulling the gun, it worked. They backed away real quick and quit escalating the situation.

The gun toting couple even left the scene and let the cops know where they were. Great deescalation tactics.

I don't honestly think they should be charged. I know people may think that's a racist statement. It's not. I think both parties were at fault here, but one side tried to deescalate. A gun shouldn't have been pulled. People need to learn to control themselves.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Have you ever pulled a gun on another human being? or wished you had?

RayRay10, malakas and Nook like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If she didn’t pull the gun, the situation would have escalated into a physical fight?

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Of course not. I get your point.

I've been threatened to be shot before. I don't think any of the people actually had a gun, though. None of this was a fault of my own. Mostly has been from working at a hospital with mental patients. One was for wearing the wrong color in the wrong spot.

Just this past week, I had to walk an upset patient, who "accidently" (I believe him) left his 38 special in his pocket out of our building. The guy was upset with our doctor and going to see him that day. How did I deal with it? Deescalation. It works both ways.

As I said before, I don't think it was the correct action to take. I just think if you're going to charge one party, charge the other with harassment. Neither party is innocent here.

And I get that the obvious come back here is George Floyd. He may have committed a crime, but was murdered. Does that make the cop less guilty? Or Floyd any more deserving of his fate? No. Absolutely not.

But let's not compare apples to oranges.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thats what you call deescalating

10. Two Sandwiches

Very well could have. She was backed into a corner. She tried to deescalate a few times. She felt she had no choice.

I don't agree with it, but I get why she felt that way.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

Ms Wuestenberg, 32, is alleged to have bumped into 15-year-old Makayla Green, whose mother Takelia Hill then demands an apology. Both she and her daughter are filming.

12. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

If you believe in self protection enough to carry a gun you should carry a strong pepper spray as well. Not every situation warrants pulling a gun, but if that is all you have and aren't trained to handle stress you jump right to the lethal option.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Look at the trigger discipline -- that family was never in danger.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best part? Once they are convicted felons, these clowns lose the right to own guns.

If you cant play nice with your toys, you don't get to have any.

The only time you pull out the gun is when your life is in immediate danger and it is time to use it or you will die. It's not a prop. It's not a negotiating tool. It's not a crutch to make you feel like a tough guy. That is CHL 101.

The gun only comes out is when it's time to pull the trigger.

If the law is properly applied the system corrects itself here and these people lose their 2nd Amendment rights for misusing them.

#14 Ottomaton, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    RayRay10, malakas, Reeko and 7 others like this.
  15. vlaurelio

they can review any video or ask witnesses and investigate if she was backed into a corner or she was backed into bumping and cussing at 15 year old girl

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The girl purportedly stepped out of the way of the woman, who intentionally then bumped into the girl and said a few choice things ... which eventually lead to the woman and her husband drawing guns.

Here is another thing I have never done ... Talked my wife (or vice versa) into grabbing our guns (we don't own any) and going out on the town looking for trouble, especially versus a minority (we are both white).

This is ... ****ed ... up ... ****.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

if someone is bumping into your car like that and you still try to leave you could possibly get assault with deadly weapon charge.

gun looks striker fired and article says it was "cocked" which isn't really technically accurate

when someone threatens you with violence you should take it seriously

cops pull this crap all the time and are rarely charged.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree with this. The African American mother definitely needed to let the incident go and move on. However, the white woman is also clearly heard on the video saying “White people aren’t racist. Nobody is racist.” She is either ignorant or really stupid.

Also, the Detroit News article related to the incident has the following quotes:

“Before I could walk into Chipotle, this woman was coming out, and I had moved out the way so she can walk out," Makayla Green said. “She bumped me, and I said, 'Excuse you.' And then she started cussing me out and saying things like I was invading her personal space.”

The teen called her mother over because she said she was scared.

“I walked up on the woman yelling at my daughter," Hill said. “She couldn’t see me because her back was to me, but she was in my daughter's face."

It sounds like the white woman initiated the entire incident. Obviously, we will never know unless there was a security camera nearby that caught the initial conflict.

19. vlaurelio

“Before I could walk into Chipotle, this woman was coming out, and I had moved out the way so she can walk out," Makayla Green said. “She bumped me, and I said, 'Excuse you.' And then she started cussing me out and saying things like I was invading her personal space.”

The teen called her mother over because she said she was scared.

“I walked up on the woman yelling at my daughter," Hill said. “She couldn’t see me because her back was to me, but she was in my daughter's face."

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

according to the 15 year old girl