1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservatives defend teacher who espoused eradication of Muslims from earth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A teacher who led a double life as a white nationalist podcaster - espousing anti-semitic and genocidal views who bragged about spreading white nationalist ideas in the classroom is defended by conservatives.

Many here post how the "left" post comments on twitter that show their "true" colors. Well, using the same logic, we see conservatives support and excuse this teacher. I am going to share the comments from the conservative site the Blaze:
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/...r-allegedly-running-white-nationalist-podcast

One can understand if I was cherry picking - but honestly, I have showed you literally more than 80% of the first quotes I came across on the site. One has to wonder, is this really how most conservatives think? They just hide their views here but I suspect these kinds of quotes reflect Bobbythegreat and RL and bigtexxx true thinking - they make similar arguments and reflect similar views.

You can't make this stuff up.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Did they make those threads before the 15 page hate thread about Trump supporters or after? Liberals including OP lose their minds when someone points out liberal lunacy but consistently makes the same type of threads about people on the other sides, themselves.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Silly Trumpanzees.

:cool:

#3 CometsWin, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't see the liberal lunatics promoting murder like you have on the right. Sorry you need to try better.

For all you guys attempts to create the Antifa and BLM as the boogieman, your alt-right has a proven history of murder and genocide.

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I recall a BLM supporter committing murder (the Dallas police shooting). There have been at least a couple alt-right murders (maybe more, depending on how big you make that tent, like is Dylan Roof alt-right?) What member or supporter of the alt-right committed genocide though? I would think that would have been big news.

6. conquistador#11

"unless it goes against communist democrat goals."
    that one made me laugh. if they only knew who admires comrade putin TREMENDOUSLY.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You're FIRED !

DD

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Just look at the KKK and the number of blacks lynched in our history. You don't have to go far. Those weren't just KKK supporters, it was the organization itself. Not to mention that the group they worship - the Nazis - are responsible for the attempted genocide of the Jewish people. So I am a bit surprised you think on BLM supporter nutcase is the same as an organized effort.

I mean, just look at the Blaze - you have open support for genocide and clear racists on there as the majority of the commenters. It's puzzling that people like them and yourself think of BLM as the same as the KKK.

9. StupidMoniker

The KKK is not the alt-right. The Nazi party was eliminated decades before the alt-right came into being. If you go down that route, Antifa and BLM both have communist ties, so are the 10s of millions of deaths attributable to the Soviet Union and China put under their banner? Of course not. The alt-right is a bunch of losers on the Internet, not a genocidal organization. Even Richard Spencer, who created the alt-right, doesn't call for genocide. The murders attributable to the alt-right specifically are of a very limited number (the Charlottesville guy and maybe one or two others?).
    I think that BLM, like the KKK is a blatantly racist and wrong-headed organization. I was not the one that drew a comparison between the KKK and BLM though, that was your strawman. I compared BLM to the alt-right, which as far as I can tell has similar casualty figures.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The alt-right is just a PC version of the KKK. Let's not kid ourselves. Like I said, when you strip away accountability, they post their hatred and embrace their swastikas and torches. The alt-right is about white supremacy.

BLM is nothing like the KKK. BLM is misguided - I agree there - but it is not a racist organization. You take one video with the pigs in a blanket and condemn the whole movement which is about ending police brutality against blacks.

Antifa isn't even a liberal group - and they don't take their philosophy from communists as much as anarchists. Their roots are from the Antifaschistische Aktion which was the resistance against the Nazi Party. Antifa is not an extreme fringe of the left that is not only rejected by mainstream Democrats but seen as a threat. The alt-right is now the mainstream Republican Party. Trump is alt-right. And so are most of the right-wing posters here who clearly believe in white privilege and look down on Mexicans, Muslims, Blacks, and other ethnic groups.

11. StupidMoniker

So not the KKK then, and not responsible for mass murder or genocide. A bunch of mostly online racist losers. Glad to see we are in agreement.
    BLM has explicitly called for: the murder of police officers, reparations, white people willing their property to random black people, the destruction of capitalism, and the creation of black only spaces (what the alt-right calls an ethnostate). They are not so much like the KKK as they are a black leftist version of the alt-right. Their patron saint is a cop-killing, communist terrorist (Assata Shakur).
    Antifa, as currently constituted is anarcho-communist. It is obvious by their flags, their chants, their actions, their targets, and their social media postings. Anarchism is a big tent. There are anarcho-capitalists, anarcho-communists, green anarchists, anarcha-feminists, anarcho-pacifists, etc. The half black half red flag that you see at all the Antifa gatherings is the anarcho-communist flag. They are explicitly communist and anti-capitalist.
    The Republican party is not alt-right. When have you heard a single Republican call for the establishment of an ethno-state, for example? I have seen mainstream Democratic presidential candidates give time on stage to extremists like BLM. Have you seen a mainstream Republican Presidential candidate allow Richard Spencer to speak from the stage at one of their rallies? The alt-right is simply smaller and more marginalized than the kooks on the left.

deadlybulb likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think you are trying to pin Antifa on liberals. I should remind you that the Alt-right is a massive group and Antifa likely numbers in the 100's.

As for BLM - these claims you make are from alt-right sights that aim to demonize the movement. You don't hold conservatives to the individual conservatives who say stupid things as a means to judge the entire group. But that's what you are doing with BLM.

13. StupidMoniker

I think you are overestimating the size of the alt-right and underestimating the size of Antifa. I don't think either group is large enough to be overly concerned about. It isn't like the thought of Antifa keeps me awake at night.
    Actually, they are from BLM websites. I don't think I have ever been to an alt-right website.
    I am holding them to the stupid things their founders have said and done, just as I hold the alt-right to the stupid things Richard Spencer says and does.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You will need to provide sources as the BLM website doesn't express anything you are claiming.

And how big do you think the alt-right is? I would put its number at least 50 million. It's not a fringe group - it's the largest voting bloc of the Republican Party. Look at Trump - he's a nationalist who is anti-immigrant, anti-black, anti-Muslim, and even is enacting policies against Indians - and yet he has 40% support in this country.

15. StupidMoniker

I guess it is actually a related group called the Movement for Black Lives that has the reparations stuff on their website, I saw it linked from a Time magazine article entitled "Black Lives Matter Releases List of Demands for the First Time":
    https://policy.m4bl.org/about/
    Assata Shakur worship:

White people should will there property to black families:
    https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/
    In support of POC only spaces:
    https://blacklivesmatternashville.w...n-library-meeting-space-cancellation/[/quote]
    Probably somewhere between 5 and 20 thousand people. Maybe a million sympathetic to a good percentage of the ideas, but not actively involved (ie not posting on message boards, attending speeches or rallies, donating money, etc.) I would say Antifa has probably similar numbers. Fifty million would mean 5 out of every 6 Republican voters was alt-right, which is absolutely ridiculous.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

There are 250M adults in the U.S - assuming 125M Republicans then I think it's fair to say that 50 million of them are racist / alt-right. Definitely in 10's of thousands. So we are talking about 1/3 of Republicans. I mean Trump has alt-right rallies that fill a stadium wherever he goes.

As for Antifa - they don't have official numbers (as they are not an official organization) but they are no more than 100,000K - probably far less depending on what it means to be a member of Antifa - and organization with no organization. There is not a history of Antifa killing people - certainly they use objects to hurl at people - but thus far - no one died.

None the quotes you shared call for violence against non-blacks. None of them seem racist or militant to me. Reparations in the form of better schools? That's what has you worked up? I don't think asking that people who gave - should not want to help lift them out of poverty. Most of the things they are asking for is help fighting systematic racism

17. Buck Turgidson

Hey Lou, just between me and you, you're kind of a jackass. Just to let you know.

Nook likes this.
  18. StupidMoniker

I'll take that as your acknowledgement that I was not making stuff up or taking things from alt-right websites and that BLM is in fact a batshit crazy, communist, racist organization that worships a cop killing terrorist. As for some of your specific objections, I obviously did not pull up every BLM related quote ever, but let's take a look.
    BLM activist calling for violence against non-blacks:
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=d70_1443383432
    The reparations they are calling for include, among other things, free university education based solely on skin color (essentially taxpayer funded reparations of thousands of dollars per black person).

It isn't at all surprising that you don't find any of this wrong, but let's not pretend that there is something wrong with people who take issue with this nonsense.

While on the providing proof to back up our assertions train, do you have any evidence of these 50 million members of the alt-right? Supporting Trump is, unfortunately, not enough to qualify.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ok so that's one random rant of someone who isn't a representative of BLM. And saying that blacks should get reparations in terms of free community college as a means to break the cycle that they have been stuck in since slavery isn't that insane of an idea. Whether you agree with it or not, it's not a racist idea. It's not based on color rather on having a lineage of poverty all the way back to slavery - never having educated parents. It's really hard to get an education if your parents didn't have one - I am not sure you realize that.

And in terms of the alt-right, there was an ipsos poll last year taken after the mess in Charlottesville that showed something like 1/3 of the country share the same core viewpoints as white nationalists while only 8% support their movement. So while only 8% (which out of 250M adults is 20M), you still have over 80M who hold viewpoints in line with white supremisists.

20. StupidMoniker

Who is or isn't a representative of BLM? She is certainly called a Black Lives Matter activist both in the media and by her own statements. Amazing to me that you say she is not BLM, but the people who explicitly disavow the alt-right are alt-right. I guess we have always been at war with Eurasia.
    Actually, taking money from all Americans and giving it to a specific racial group is an insane idea.
    Actually, there is no mention of a lineage or slavery requirement or a requirement that the parents be uneducated. The only requirement is black skin. It is explicitly based on color. In fact, since you insist on misrepresenting them, here what they have to say about reparations:
    You hold viewpoints in line with Hitler (at least I hope you do. Hitler believed in things like having murder and robbery be illegal), but that doesn't make you a Nazi. I very much doubt that eighty million Americans are calling for a white ethnostate, which is THE defining view of the alt-right.