1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservative Q supporters win GOP Nominations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/qanon-gop-candidates-lauren-boebert-colorado-house-primary-160446428.html

Boebert is the owner of Shooters Grill in Rifle, Colo., a restaurant where the waitstaff carry holstered handguns. She has been outspoken in her opposition to social distancing lockdowns put in place to try to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

“Our freedom and our Constitutional rights are on the ballot this November and Republicans just sent a loud and clear message that they want me there to fight for them,” Boebert said in a statement issued from her campaign.

In May, Boebert appeared on a right-wing online show and was asked what she thought of the “Q movement.”

“I am familiar with that,” Boebert replied, smiling. “Everything I’ve heard of Q — I hope that this is real. Because it only means America is getting stronger and better and people are returning to conservative values.”

QAnon is a convoluted conspiracy theory that, to some extent, means different things to different people. The gist is that Trump is working behind the scenes to expose and disrupt a vast conspiracy involving nefarious “deep state” bureaucrats and global elites who may engage in a pedophilia ring.

The narrative is fed by cryptic posts on internet message boards from an anonymous person or persons named Q, who followers believe to be a high-ranking intelligence official, or possibly even Trump himself. Popular YouTube and social media pages promulgate and analyze Q’s vague and largely inscrutable messages, turning the obsession into something of a game for many followers.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Learned to grift quickly...

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fail at business, go into congress!

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I suspect she's more basic faking it than legit crazy, but give or take another two years and she'll pass the MTG smell test.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her district should be a top target for the Democrats. CO 3 isn't an overwhelmingly red district.

B-Bob likes this.