1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reporter: We have it on good authority, from multiple sources, that the president's son, son-in-law and campaign manager took a meeting with Russian officials with intent of obtaining damaging information about their opponent.
    White House official: That's ludicrous. The meeting was about adoptions and was boring.
    Donald Jr: SHE CALLED ME COMRADE AND GAVE ME THIS FUZZY HAT

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I notice some posts about prison and sentencing but I am confused on what crime this would constitute. Please elaborate.

3. conquistador#11

If Oliver north and Reagan can get away with what they did, I still expect the Trump family to be untouched. But it would be nice to at least take their twitter accounts away and ban them from all golf courses including their own for 4 years.

In any other motherland or fatherland, even in the U.S, these actions are punishable.

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's a legit question. It's also further along than "is this wrong"

The real Question though is what does Mueller have? Things have been leaking out for months now. Several people have had to backtrack after lying about meeting with Russians. One would have to assume there is much more coming. If this is a crime does someone finally crack give information?

Astrodome likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Everything we know publicly already is enough to issue indictments & impeach.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Not according to people like Basso and "premium post" Trader Jorge.

7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I was skeptical of this whole Trump/Russia thing from the start. But these Trump Jr. emails are the first thing in this entire mess that may actually be a smoking gun and compelling piece of evidence. Junior and Kushner are idiots.

This part is particularly interesting: [Trump Jr.] “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer,”

That sounds like Junior was willing to issue a directive to the Russians on when to release potentially damaging info on a US presidential candidate.

Not looking good for Jr. or Kushner, but at the end it all comes down to Mueller's investigation.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gee, couldn't you have simply posted "Excuse #1" from the official excuse list?

10. Buck Turgidson

You can see it in posts like AcesHigh's. They're not upset at what they did, they're upset that they got caught.

CometsWin, Deckard and mtbrays like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If memory serves from recent radio piece... 38% of registered Republicans approved of Nixon's job performance the week before he resigned.

12. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Those liberals that are so upset by this, were you equally outraged when John McCain met with a foreign source to obtain a bogus dossier on Trump?

If someone contacts you and says they have incriminating information on your opponent, you have to listen. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and it does not equal collusion.

13. B-Bob

Yeah, the outrage is all about the exposure. Nevermind if the activity was illegal or immoral. The only important matter: was learning about the activity illegal somehow -- oh please say it was illegal. Please, pretty please just look at Mr. Comey. He is so tall and so evil!

14. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Let's dance, shall we

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and mtbrays like this.
  15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do not know the dossier is "bogus". You want it to be. None of us know if it is true either. That's the entire point of an independent investigation.

How do you define collusion?

16. B-Bob

1. The dossier is "bogus" to some sources b/c they want it to be. Many parts of it have been confirmed already, and other parts remain absurd-sounding but neither proven nor disproven. God I hope the golden showers stuff is made up. Truly.

2. Many people were tipped off about the dossier from a long-time ally. (We used to have allies other than Russia, but it was a long time ago.) Comparing that to this meeting with a lawyer claiming to represent the Russian government is really strange. Sorry.

I'm not that upset by the meeting, honestly. I'm upset that things have looked so fishy and they've been denying everything, every step of the way. "No contact." Not revealing the existence of the meetings, under oath. Then denying the meetings. Then saying the meetings were about adoption. Come on. Any shred of honesty, from the start, would be the minimum for me giving these bastards any benefit of the doubt. They were probably ignorant to the law, but come clean and admit you were ignorant.

It's going to get even uglier when the various corrupt rats start really turning on one another. Honestly, since I love the country, there's no joy in this, despite my political preferences. It's just awful.

17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

No, you pass it to the FBI for them to investigate.

18. Buck Turgidson

Which is exactly what McCain did, but in the bizzarro world of Trumpfan the FBI can't be trusted.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trump supporters that were swallowing the Trump version of the story are like:

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I knew you would hate my question. My question was not aimed to dismiss this matter.