1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If deep state intelligence officers are doing these conspiracy theories to dismantle the Trump administration, I doubt there motive would be based on social issues and him being a 'menie' but rather his gross incompetence and lack of naunced knowledge in relevant fields pertaining to being the head of the world's largest bureaucracy.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know who you've been replying to (must have him/her/them on ignore), but your posts were well said. I think we're going down a road that leads to something akin to Watergate, and possibly worse, and have felt that way for a long time now. Nothing I've been reading, and I read a broad number of news sources (spending far more time than I should reading them), has changed my opinion. In fact, my conviction has grown that something is rotten with trump, his family, the people closest to him both in and out of the White House, and their relationship with Russia's leadership, Russian banks, and possibly the Russian mob.

Some of the people I respect here have taken to attacking traditionally solid sources of news, sources that have shown me nothing to change my good opinion about their reporting. Thumbs is an example. I'm shocked that he's gone "all in" attacking well respected news sources and pumping up the proven sources of "fake news." I think he's been duped. I think a lot of trump voters were duped and are beginning to realize it, if they haven't already. I'm related (via my partner of 30+ years) to the wealthy CEO of a nationwide privately held company headquartered in San Antonio. An ardent Republican for all the many years I've known him, the guy voted for trump, and the last time I saw him, he flat out stated that he felt duped. I was surprised. He's a highly intelligent and educated man I have a great deal of respect for. Changing his mind about trump was not easy, or owning up to it. I know a couple of other similar trump voters who feel the same way.

A short while ago CNN interviewed a White working class trump voter in Kentucky who said (and this is close to what he said, although he was a lot more effective than I'm being!) that he felt, "...that I'd been made a fool of by trump." "Who would you vote for if you could vote again last November, knowing what you know now?" "Hillary," the man replied. Healthcare was a huge deal breaker for him with trump. He said that trump's campaign promise of not touching Medicaid was a lie. trump is proposing $800 billion in cuts to Medicaid. Sure, my examples of trump voters who changed their minds about him are anecdotal, and the CNN interview was of one man, but I think that one man gave a great example of the shifting sands of support surrounding Mr. trump, as did the gentleman I know who is at the opposite end of the scale, if that scale is measuring wealth and education.

dobro1229 likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Erin Burnett making a fool of herself, screaming for a special prosecutor for a crime she can't even name, much less show any evidence of

TheresTheDagger and Astrodome like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not watching the video, since you say it is straight up stupid garbage, but what I guess I take away is that I shouldn't vote for Erin Burnett if she runs for office? That I shouldn't watch CNN? (I don't, by the way; I get zero news from them.)

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

More incompetent MSM.

There already is a special prosecutor looking into all things Russians + 2016 election + Trump campaign.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So this has been argued on CNN the past few days when Alan Dershowitz came out basically playing the part of a defense lawyer for Trump.

From the legal folks there, the statute that the special prosecutor is likely using is the orbital hacking charges used in the original report that has a public declassified document.

Just because we don't know the statute here doesn't mean Mueller is doing an investigation without one. I think it would be foolish to think someone of his stature would operate without one. I get that there is no statute for things like "Kushner setting up a back channel to Putin" but those playing defense attorneys for Trump on CNN (which is actually good to have FYI) aren't coming back to the fact that Mueller's investigation is broad ranging, had the ability to expand, and likely had a statute to fall back on which is the hacking.

7. dmoneybangbang

Why didn't Clinton, Bush Jr, or Obama have to deal with a deep state?

No Worries likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Hey... Trump releasing his tax records could go a long ways. Or maybe that shipped has sailed now??

It's like a lot of this is self inflected from Trump being intentionally shady.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, Sununu would certainly know about corruption in government... surprised Trump hasn't named him to a "draining the swamp" commission...

Ottomaton likes this.
  11. TheresTheDagger

12. NewRoxFan

Its much simpler...

[​IMG]

CometsWin and B-Bob like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The person being a fool is you. With all respect due.

14. NewRoxFan

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

(CNN)Fired FBI director James Comey plans to testify publicly in the Senate as early as next week to confirm bombshell accusations that President Donald Trump pressured him to end his investigation into a top Trump aide's ties to Russia, a source close to the issue said Wednesday.

Final details are still being worked out and no official date for his testimony has been set. Comey is expected to appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is investigating possible connections between the Trump campaign and Russia during last year's presidential election.

Comey has spoken privately with Special Counsel Robert Mueller III to work out the parameters for his testimony to ensure there are no legal entanglements as a result of his public account, a source said. Comey will likely sit down with Mueller, a longtime colleague at the Justice Department, for a formal interview only after his public testimony.

When he testifies, Comey is unlikely to be willing to discuss in any detail the FBI's investigation into the charges of possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign -- the centerpiece of the probe, this source said. But he appears eager to discuss his tense interactions with Trump before his firing, which have now spurred allegations that the president may have tried to obstruct the investigation. If it happens, Comey's public testimony promises to be a dramatic chapter in the months-long controversy, and it will likely bring even more intense scrutiny to an investigation that Trump has repeatedly denounced as a "witch hunt."

The appointment of Mueller as a special counsel in the Russia investigation had raised concerns among some members of Congress that his probe could scuttle the chance for Congress and the public to hear directly from Comey. That appears less likely now that Mueller and Comey have discussed the limits of his testimony.

Since his firing last month, dramatic accounts have emerged in the New York Times, CNN, and elsewhere about the tense confrontations with Trump that Comey memorialized in memos afterward. A week after he took office in January, Trump allegedly demanded Comey's "loyalty" if he kept him on as FBI director, and he urged Comey to drop his ongoing investigation into Michael Flynn, Trump's fired national security adviser, in a separate, one-on-one meeting.

The source said that Comey is expected to stand by those accounts in his testimony.

"The bottom line is he's going to testify," the source close to the issue said. "He's happy to testify, and he's happy to cooperate."

Officials with the Justice Department and Mueller's office declined to comment.

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Now we can expect the alt-right, Fox News, talk radio universe to begin their Comey tear down. Who are you going to believe? A guy who lies on a prolific level or the FBI director who kept notes. Eh... Trump! Trump!

#656 CometsWin, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, interesting that this Sessions meeting wasn't even included in Sessions amended ("Oh yeah I forgot") records. This new one was also not included.

It's funny how all of the Russian communications about which we know could all be legitimate, yet Trump's folks found it necessary to lie about so many of them. Pence lied, Sessions lied, Manafort Lied, Kushner lied, Flynn lied, Page lied, and the list goes on and on. All of these folks from Trump's team lied about their Russia connections. They all did. Trump himself lies all the time.

That being said, nothing has been proven yet, but it's a lot of lying if it all has legitimate reasons behind it.

Whether anything ever comes from this or not, the right needs to stop acting like the left and Democrats are grasping at straws. There is more than probable cause to investigate this stuff.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Sessions must resign and prosecuted under a perjury charge or two.

As the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the nation, he must set an example of unimpeacheable integrity. Otherwise, we are no different than 3rd world country banana republics.

A beat cop in New Orleans now thinks that skirting the law is ok because higher ups do it too, without any repercussions.

20. NewRoxFan