1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Another anonymous source talking about a channel that never got set up.

This is becoming comedy.

I actually chuckle when I read the lefties' responses "this is getting serious!", "drip drip drip", "somebody's going to crack"

It's all they can cling to in order to make themselves feel better.

cml750 likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Not until they get a beat down in an election.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If I'm a complete jerk to my waiter at Gringos, should I be shocked that they spit in my food?

It's not spin if it's the truth and the moment he started bad mouthing the intelligence community every analyst or whatever said it's going to come back to haunt him. Not sure anyone is celebrating the disturbing news coming out in a drip campaign. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion about the news.

That doesn't mean that I or any other "liberal" thinks it's right to leak or for the waiter at Gringos to hock a loogie in my enchiladas.

Stop pointing the finger at people merely by commenting on news but not Trump who you can't dare place a semblance of responsibility for his actions. For someone who isn't a Trump fan you run to his defense as much as you can.

Just as long as it gives you a chance to talk crap to "liberals" right?

JeffB likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is all they stand for. Once you understand that, every bit of FoxNews, the national GOP, and posts from bigtexxx and the gang make sense. Big Roger made national politics a passion play, where liberals are the devil, where Clinton, Pelosi, and Obama are purely demons, and the crowd is to hiss and boo when they dare enter the stage. I will never forget the octagenarian in-law who would retreat into her bedroom for most of every day watching FoxNews loudly; she would start literally screaming at the TV everytime Obama was shown. Nobody in their right mind would say there was anything rational about her behavior, but it was exactly what Fox wanted, and as a business it was brilliant. As a political strategy, it is also brilliant. As a way to advance the cause of a nation or a collected people? It's pure poison, of course. Any logical person can see that.

If these liberal demons reach out to Russia, Russia is a sworn enemy. If these liberal demons dare question Russia, then Russia must be a pretty good place. And on and on. If the liberals seem to like protecting the environment, the environment is also an enemy. And on and on. So terribly sad and it will define our age. "Why did America move so far backward so fast?" Because one party hitched itself to opposition as a defining identity, and the other party was terrible at basic communication and strategy.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

[
    Booby was a known Trump hater before the election. Now, Trump is ok....

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

(1) You have no idea if its BS -- you want it to be BS, fine. The editorial board of the WaPo is nothing like infowars. They make sure they have legit sources from their reporters before they run things, and then they still print caveats. This is a completely different animal than constantly making up **** and claiming it is absolutely true. I truly think some people on the right now just see WaPo as a "liberal" version of InfoWars or something. They really have not printed "BS" for the last hundred years. That's not who they are. Anonymous legit sources have broken some of the largest stories of the last 100 years. Now, you can say the sources might all be conspiring and lying and that the WaPo is just falling for it because they don't like Trump.

(2) You should be really careful about finding one sentence in an article that you can rally around, wiping your brow, and saying "whew, don't have to think about this again." That sentence in no way short-circuits an entire well-reported article in the manner you and Trump Network / Fox would like to suggest. All people should be very wary, liberal included most definitely, of this twitter-age phenomenon.

I don't really pretend this will get through, but it might to some in the audience who are lurking, or thinking.

It is not a liberal fantasy when an investigation has three arms of government, all controlled by the GOP, mind you, with very serious investigations ongoing. It is at present a top issue for the Senate, the House, and the FBI. LOL. But it's all just liberal desperation. Nothing to see here!

We need our fellow citizens to expect more or one another than this. It's an important time to get beyond this football team approach to politics. We all want tax reform and infrastructure and a government that is not soiled by a hostile foreign power. We all want the economy to work for people who've been forgotten. Let's demand it, figure it out, and move on. We will have many challenges ahead.

7. dobro1229

He doesn't dare claim Trump but his entire ideology is in support of Trump's political ecosystem so what's the difference?

BBob's post above is incredibly accurate and the most disturbing part about the Trump era. Right wing propaganda has brainwashed a large segment of our population to now villainize your own Neigbors who just so happened to vote differently than you.

Before Obama was the villain and Hillary has been the villain for decades. Now that there is nobody else, the right wing propaganda is obviously dog whistling to oppose your neighbor because they understand that they need folks like Texx and Bobby engaged in support of the Trump agenda. They won't support it on its merits but they have a way of indirectly getting support with this propaganda method.

Most importantly, Trump represents "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" theory where now since "Liberals" get pissed off at Trump it's means to an end to fight the villain. It doesn't matter how terrible the news is about Trump, as long as it's stirring up the enemy. What the right wing media and GOP propaganda machine has done here is masterful in the most disgusting way imaginable.

JeffB likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's telling that you don't expect more from US intelligence agencies than you would from a waiter at a Mexican restaurant.

If a president being a "meanie" is enough to cause intelligence agents to commit felonies and betray their country in order to score political points against that president then they are the wrong caliber of person to hold that position and instead should probably be working as a waiter at a Mexican restaurant. This would be true no matter who the president was.....and if there was a Democrat in office, I'm sure you'd have no trouble agreeing with me. Unfortunately you can't seem to see past politics.

cml750 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

You missed the entire part where I said that it isn't right to leak but you moved forward on your narrative that I am the problem and the proverbial "liberals" who need to be silenced.

Not the fact that Trump has a mere semblance of ownership to what he created. Nobody forced him to stand in front the wall of stars and make a mockery of hollow ground. Nobody forced him to say "the so called intelligence". You are an idiot if you didn't think that would have a reaction that could hurt him.

But no... you are being told that "I" am the problem because I merely comment on a story. You are allowing yourself to be a propaganda tool man. If you don't see what you are engaging in here by doing the leg work of the GOP than I don't know what to tell you.

Are you ever going to wake up or will you just comment back that I am the problem again?

Amiga, No Worries and JeffB like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Bob, you are smarter than this. There may be something to the Trump / Russia connection influencing the election, only time will tell, but the news is reporting things like they are facts when there has been no actual evidence presented to prove anything. If nothing comes out of this there will be a lot of disappointed left leaning people who believed wholeheartedly that they had Trump based on the way this is being reported.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If nothing comes out of this I will be absolutely astounded. Multiple people asking for immunity but none given. People having to step down because of lying about links to Russia. It's being investigated by four different and distinct bodies.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... the news is reporting things like they are facts when there has been no actual evidence presented to prove anything. If nothing comes out of this there will be a lot of disappointed right leaning people who believed wholeheartedly that they had Hillary based on the way this is being reported ...

MSM is incompetent. The ultimate fault is on us for not demanding better.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I don't give 2 chits about the election. Clinton was a weak candidate to begin with.

I do care that so many members of the Trump team are allegedly linked to the evil Russian empire. This needs to be investigated and you would be naive to do otherwise.

Money and power have always been the root of corruption. In this case, I am betting that money, easy access to funds at that infamous russian bank controlled by Putin, is the motivation behind some of the allegations.

In the alternative, Kushner really cares about world peace and wants something done in Syria to that effect.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

But muh Russia. The ultimate scape goat for the crooked DNC.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A terrific post, B-Bob, and definitely on target. I know you are a bit more skeptical than I am about all things "trump" (the good, the bad, and the ugly - particularly the bad and the ugly) in the context of what happened prior to and after the election. At least you were. The increasingly good reporting (bless the fourth estate! they aren't letting me down) and the evidence piling up that something wrong was going on during the election, and since then, reminds me so much of how Watergate played out. Some here are old enough to remember Watergate. I wonder if they are seeing the same parallels that I am.

The wild card is trump. He increasingly appears capable of anything. The man would be hard pressed to look less like an agent of the Russian government. His actions at the end of an otherwise uneventful trip abroad were stunning, at least to me. The speech to the leaders of NATO could have been written by Vladimir Putin's own speech writer. trump broke a tradition dating back to 1949 and the creation of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. He was the first President not to invoke Article 5 in his first address to NATO's leaders, Article 5 being the key article of NATO, the one that says an attack on one is an attack on all, something that wasn't an accident, not if one considers that trump was reading a prepared speech. There are no excuses for that omission or trump's treatment of the other leaders there. The man's juvenile behavior was shocking. And it continues...

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's stepping in line.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! Yep, the intel agencies are part of the DNC. That's all it is over and over again with the multitude of connections and lies about connections with the Russians.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

My bet is this investigation will lead to arrests. It is crazy that these leakers would jeopardize their freedom for partisan reasons. Especially if they have families. I guess maybe if they had a easily proven bombshell but not for all of these unsubstantiated smear stories.

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I think you could see presidential pardons.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, I would hope this doesnt drag out until 2024. Haha J/k