1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecticut Girl Track Athletes Fighting To Get Transgenders Off Their Track

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Feb 14, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its pretty clear to me who it benefits. Promoting inclusiveness, especially at the high school level, seems like a good idea to me. I wonder how many girls in Connecticut are actually on board with this complaint.

juicystream likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Serfs.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I always considered all of the americas the west but I can there being a difference.

Nook likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Should that benefit be at the detriment to the born female competitors?

I don't think so, it sucks but running track is not a right, IMO.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don’t have strong feelings on this , but I imagine if I was older and had kids I might .

If I remember correctly boys and girls kinda compete together in elementary school and maybe in middle school for some sports .

But trans people competing in the current boy/girl system starting in middle/high school we have is certainly a shock to the system.

At some point as the competition gets more and more high level , you just have to face facts about biological differences .

Should Olympic sports allow MTF transgenders to compete as women ? Over time how many biological women would actually win ?

Inclusiveness includes hitting biological women in the face with the fact that they are , on average , not as athletic as biological males . And that might be an understatement, especially at the more extreme ends ... ie among athletes .

I could see “inclusiveness” play out ok and promote mutual respect. But , I could also see it tear apart women’s athletics and discourage competition . And I think the promotion of women’s sports has done a great deal for the overall health of the population, both men and women.

malakas and jiggyfly like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i think its a valid concern concern but biologically this is just unfair

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

BS comparision. Not all cultures were whipping slaves around. You pull that out of your ass. My explanation was more than sufficient. You are grasping. And slavery is completely different than denying science.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

None of that is equal to todays insanity and denial of science... nice try

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You dont think they are physically boys competing against girls. WHAT ABOUT FAIR COMPETITION

Competing in sports is a privilege with defined rules.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your emotional reactions are the antithesis of science.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54218.The_Mismeasure_of_Man

It's curious that you argue Science! and immediately turn around with "scientists are stupid" and "the way it's always been done".

Nook likes this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The best solution is to have transgenders have their own category. Have transgender compete against each other

malakas and dachuda86 like this.
  12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You didn't leave the civilized world. The civilized world left you...

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How do you define fair competition? Is LeBron or Giannis playing against people without physically freakish genetics "fair"?

Fair competition is a mirage. I disagree with using this as an excuse to exclude or discourage the participation of trans students in school sports, or any school activities. Maybe I'd feel differently if I was super invested in preserving competitive balance in sports, but I just think there are some things that are more important.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trans people shouldn't be discouraged from playing sports. They should be encouraged to play with their biological sex peers and it should be the responsibility of male leagues to accept transgender athletes and make them feel accepted.

I understand the complaint women have here. It's not fair to them. Allowing this will just result in trans people dominating every top rank of female sports. It's currently still very rare but if we encourage it, this will be the end result.

malakas, jiggyfly, dachuda86 and 2 others like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nah. A typical person with those type of posts doesn't even have a passport. Not all mind you, but the typical person.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yes there are things that are more important. but to the individual it's not. for example some girl that has been training for 15 years since they were 3 years old and come in 2nd with no hope of winning because they are competing against someone with a ton of testosterone and different bone structure. it's not fair and there is no way to get around the biology.

malakas, Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I have strong opinions about this.

dachuda86, Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is the ultimate solution to ban gender-specific sports arrangements and just have everyone play together? I could see that happening.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That wouldn't really be fair to the majority of women in proffesional sports.

malakas likes this.