1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats to Blazers. We had our chances and blew them.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javal_lon, May 3, 2014.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

However, I hate Matthews to the highest power of hativity. He makes Chris Paul look like a perfect player. He flops and whines every single possession. Even Harden would say, "Damn, you're embarrassing." We are the better team but you can't tell by the way we suck when it's closing time. Wait, maybe that's proof that we're not the better team.

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Do not congratulate them, they are a bunch of thugs

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

**** the blazers and Portland...they won...but at least we don't live in Portland lol

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This series had it all, horrible refs, inconsistent play from stars, Dwight Howard playing on another world like level, missed assignments on defense, and head scratching coaching. Some cards were for us, some against, bottom line we didn't put it all together.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well they will play a little more basketball. They beat us. That's that. Not proud, not calling it making to the finals next year, too old to be like that. Just wish we could play more cohesively as a system and be tough minded like a well oiled machine. We have the talents just need the right coach.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They're an excellent team. They're well coached as well. When they saw mismatches they attacked them and made us pay. Lillard is cold blooded and Aldridge is really talented. Their role players played well too, !Matthews, Lopez, Batum, even Thomas Robinson. I still think we're the more talented team but they played better. We had too many stupid things we couldn't overcome.

7. TheJet

TheJet Member

Best post I've read tonight. If we play our best ball we win that series 3-1. But we didn't, for many of the reasons you listed. I'm upset but just can't hate on our team right now.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

RIP City over UnClutch City

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well we were always more talented on paper but in reality Portland had better team mechanics and they have experienced young players.

10. torocan

torocan Member

The Blazers deserve the win. Stotts had a plan. McHale lost his etch a sketch.

Did it REALLY take 2 losses to figure out that we needed 2 bigs to cover LMA + Lopez? Would any serious coach take THAT long to figure it out?

Seriously questionable game plans for multiple games, and head scratching end of game play calls and line ups.

Hoping they don't pick up McHale's option. It looks like there will be some good coaches available in the off season.

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

No congrats. I don't care for any other team. I hope everyone sweeps and the league has to end early. Let's get to the freaking offseason already

12. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

Exactly! i really could give 2 sh@ts about the nba or anything to do with the playoffs for the rest of the season. hope the blazers get absolutely demolished by whoever they face.

13. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Wait a sec...... We lost but we arent blowing anyone!!!!!! I think when you lose you go home. No blowing.

14. SoccerFan

SoccerFan Member

eff the blazers. eff the refs. eff everyone. Can't believe we lost to such a ****ty team