1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats Case Keenum!!!! NEW ALL TIME NCAA TD LEADER!!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pge71188, Oct 27, 2011.

1. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Case was blessed to have Kliff Kingsbury and Dana people that know how to run the air raid.

Good for him....

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'd say they were blessed to have Case running their offenses, too.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Congrats Case!!!

Pretty amazing to see this happen and to our University...

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah. He has a better chance of playing a 6th year than starting in the NFL. Timmy Chang got to fly out to the Titans practice facility once, I think that's about where Keenum belongs. Mwuahaha.

He plays against midgets too BTW, c'mon - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...on-Carter-is-legally-a-midge?urn=ncaaf-wp8758

#24 Ziggy, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  5. Buck Turgidson

Good for him, by all accounts he's a quality guy.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I previously posted this, my take on watching him and comparisons to Kolb. Also for height and weight, Keenum is one inch shorter and about 10-15 pounds less then Kolb. [Kolb was drafted out of UH running the same system in the 2nd Rnd, 36th pick by PHI in 2007]

-I have watched him throughout his career and believe he will be a mid to late round pick. Definitely drafted. Good decision making, works great outside of the pocket while staying in his reads and looking down-field. Needs to stop locking in on certain receivers and look off the safety more consistently. He's is on Kevin Kolb's level but with maybe a tiny bit less accuracy (not based on stats, just all the games I have been to) but with much better mobility and pocket awareness. I have seen Case make some absolute sick throws running to his right and left extending plays.

I'm definitely rethinking the accuracy take. Keenum throws such a nice long ball :cool:

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I have to disagree with this, I am 6'2" and have stood next to both Kolb and Keenum. Kolb had an inch or so on me. Keenum was pushing 6'... at best. Kolb also grew a little bit near the end of his career (which ended 2 years earlier than Keenum's btw) and even bulked up some, and here Keenum is at 23 and still relatively the same size.

I agree with everything else though. If he gets a shot in a camp and battlefights his ass off, he can stick around as a depth guy somewhere. Then he just has to stay diligent and make the best of his chances. The odds are definitely against him, though. Way more than they were for Kolb.

8. Joshfast

Supporting Member

I took the height and weight from ESPN player profiles. As a Houstonian who followed the Dream - I understand those height numbers can be a little off ;)

9. Joshfast

Supporting Member

Made this for comparisons to Timmy Chang:

Case with 4+ games left to go.

[​IMG]

Timmy Chang's career stats

[​IMG]

Case destroys Timmy. Completion %, attempts, QB rating, TD's to interceptions - on and on.

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Congrats CK!

He will get his shot in the NFL. Lot of NFL teams need QB's. The Cleveland Browns will need one.

11. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

What are the odds the Texans look at him as an eventual replacement for Schaub? Would be nice to keep him in H-Town.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Case's release reminds me of Archie Manning, kind of a side winder.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

9 TDs in a game? That is strong !

DD

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

those are some video game with cheat code type stats.. 191QB rating and 70%+ completion percentage and 32-3 TD/INT ratio with the amount he throws, for the whole season, is just ridiculous.. And it's not like he hasn't done it against good competition.. maybe not this year but he put up those #'s every game.. the recievers are really good though not to take anything away from them.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If Clemson, Wisconsin, Baylor, and possibly Stanford, all lose... then Case should creep up into the top 5 in the Heisman race. I'd love for him to get an invite to New York.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Timmy Chang was an overrated chump.

Colt Brennan is a more apt comparison. Brennan similar numbers, 3rd in Heisman voting. NFL 6th round pick. He's taller than Keenum

Brennan was in the NFL 3 seasons without recording a stat. Unfortunately thats about Keenum's trajectory. But of course you can always say that Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and Kurt Warner was undrafted.

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

18. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I still like Frenchy's chicken better than Timmy Chang's.