1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Confirmed] Chuck Hayes has 4 year, $20M offer from Sacramento

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Dec 7, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I totally forgot about the European angle to that situation and that makes a lot of sense too, as to why they did a deal without an offer sheet.

Thanks for clearing that up.

DD

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One negative Caveat to Morey's methodology is that it alienates players, to where they don't feel the organization really wants them or looks out for them, and that is where you get some players peering over the fence and thinking they might leave.

Some players it does not bother like Scola etc, but others like Brooks for example let it really get to him and effect his play on the court, hurting the team and his value around the league.

Also, players around the league take notice of how other players are treated, and may decide to not sign in Houston because of it. They see Ariza get a deal then jettisoned for dead wood the very next year.

Morey's methodology does not promote any loyalty to the organization, it creates a straight up business approach and the players themselves have complained about feeling like assets.

I like Morey a lot, think he is a brilliant man, but whether his numbers only approach will work is still way up in the air as far as I am concerned.

DD

3. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I wish we could offer him a 10 year deal cause I think he means that much to this team in terms of character and heart, but I think this is for the best. If he gets to start at PF then all the best for him. If we can get Dalembert then I'm especially for it. Dalembert is redundant in Sacramento and if he comes here (or anyone else) then Chuck is too expensive.

If the Chuckwagon goes to Sacramento then I'll definately be watching more Sacramento games.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wake up DD. Loyalty in sports is DEAD! These players don't view teams like they used to. The stars don't even view each other with competitiveness. Remember the Magic vs. Bird era? Now players get embarrassed and right after the buzzer they go find their friend on the opposing team and smile and hug, talking about what club they're going to.

5. Rockets_4_life

ChrisBHaynes Chris Haynes
    According to Chuck Hayes' agent, The #Sacramento #Kings & #Minnesota #Timberwolves are on equal ground in attaining Hayes. #NBA #Rockets

6. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

If we are getting Gasol and/or okafor and these 3 teams want Hayes we should do a sign and trade since we can offer an extra year for an asset. And put that asset in hornets trade so we can keep lowry, Martin, Gasol, Patterson and Morris together.

7. parmesh

parmesh Member

If we trade for Gasol, we need to bring Hayes back. 5 years, $22 million.

8. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

I think these gasol rumors are why morey asked Hayes for more time. If we do trade for pau (i think it would be for EITHER scola or martin, not BOTH), my guess is that more will bring hayes back to pair with scola in the front court.

Of course, we also seen reports that nene is still in the mix, so perhaps more has indications that decisions involving nene and paul will be made today, and asking hayes to wait could allow us to react appropriately (and give hayes an extra 1-2 million for doing so).

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If we can somehow land Nene along with bringing Hayes back, I'll feel pretty good about our frontcourt.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think Rockets are going to make one last push for Nene, and if that falls through then they'll try to resign Chuck.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With the new CBA, the longest Morey can make another franchise (and the player) wait is 3 days, isn't it? I think that's going to have quite an impact. 3 days instead of 7 days ratchets up the pressure on Morey to make a decision quickly about whether to match an offer, and greatly reduces the time the player (and his agent) have to wait in order to find out what Morey is going to do. Morey is earning his money right now.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So what's the deal with Chuck now?

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

we were trying to upgrade while keeping him and now we won't have the space if we sign NENE :(... Stern screwed us.

16. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

dont go Chuck!:(

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I know you want to attack me since you're the clown people are laughing at and putting in their sig, but show me one post that I ever made hating on Kyle Lowry. If you can't, please apologize.