1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[concerts] singers or bands you have seen the most

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, May 14, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

ive seen cranberries once and fergie once.

would like to have seen one direction, but zain left v_v

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You and I were likely at many of the same shows. Gourds, Asylum St. and Galactic would be on my list from my time in Austin. Loved Asylum St. shows and I'm still holding out hope that The Gourds eventually do a reunion...though Shinyribs is a very good alternative.

Adding to that...

Soulhat (minimum of 40 or 50 times)
    Delta Spirit
    Wilco
    Ben Harper
    Asleep at the Wheel (I went to each of the first 12 ACL fests and they're always the opener).

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

mine would be all local bands from houston or austin...de schmog, sprawl, painteens, mike gunn, ed hall, the horsies, churchwood, pong, foot patrol, don walser, brown whornet, golden arm trio, white denim, ect...

non-locals i have seen more than five times would be willie nelson (internationally famous local), flaming lips, spiritualized, ween, radiohead, pixies, sonic youth, superchunk, wilco, guided by voices, beck, dirty projectors, stereolab and probably a few more.

when i first moved to austin i used to go see willie every chance i got. he played stubbs all the time. it would be like $15 and he would play for 3 hours. this was 20 years ago and it was still the same band from the 70's heyday...they were smokin'. last time i saw him was 2011 and he had slowed down considerably. paul english would play a few songs then his nephew would take over the drums.

i wish i could have seen waylon!

Surfguy and ima_drummer2k like this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'll only include acts I've seen more than twice since the "2 times" list would be too long and boring.

Ten Hands (amazing band from Denton) - 20-something
    Rush - 5
    Journey - 5 (2 with Perry, 3 with Arnel)
    Weezer - 4 (3 Pinkerton shows, 1 Green show)
    Ben Folds Five - 4
    Ben Folds (solo) - 3
    The Police - 3 (all during the reunion tours)
    Radiohead - 3
    DMB - 3

Surfguy and jo mama like this.
  5. jo mama

i forgot about billygoat, which had a couple dudes from ten hands. they used to play houston all the time.

#45 jo mama, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    ima_drummer2k and Torn n Frayed like this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nice! Probably Earl Harvin on drums and Mike Dillion on percussion. Both UNT guys and AMAZING players. I still listen to Ten Hands all the time. They still play in Dallas occasionally, but without Harvin on drums, so it's not quite the same.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dang, man! That's admirable.

I'll be honest. I've seen Aerosmith twice in concert and I didn't like it. They were on drugs during those 80s tours and gave awful performances while high (imo) and strung out. These were Houston shows. If they weren't on heroin, then it was something else. I would rather see the clean version of this band. I felt like they didn't deliver what I paid for because they were partying too hard. But, it was the 80s.

Never seen the Stones. I wish I had seen them earlier in their careers although still doing it and still good imo.

#47 Surfguy, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Cure - 3 times
    Depeche Mode - 3 times
    The Strokes - 3 times
    Interpol - 3 times

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Added Spz and totals.

10. alethios

alethios Member

Hourglass reminds me more of Puscifer, but Feathers definitely has that classic APC sound. They are such teases though - no new Tool or APC album this year.
    Here's a little blast from the past (check out the mullet lol):

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Houston wise, I probably saw Planet Shock/Aftershock dozens of times. Los Skanarles was one of my favorite live shows in the 90's too.

12. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Ed Hall
    Drums and Tuba
    The Futants
    Butthole Surfers
    Sangre de Toro
    The Jesus Lizard
    Pong
    Sprawl
    The Creepy Creeps/ Creep Exotica
    Bad Livers/ Mad Cat Trio

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

mad respect, old timer. i hope my musical resume is that good eventually.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I've seen Kevin Fowler a few times, Pat Green, Lynyrd Skynyrd, los lonely boys.....and a few others I'm sure that I can't remember.

Going to watch Boston and Joan Jett next month at the Smart Financial Center in Sugar Land....tickets start at $20.....

15. jo mama

yeah it was both of them. mike dillon has played with tons of people. ive seen him in les claypools band. he also has a project called critters buggin.

earl harvin does tons of stuff too. he is (or was) the touring drummer for french band "air". i went to coachella in 2004 and me and my friend from ft. worth were watching air and were like "is that earl harvin?...playing with air...no way". he elevated those guys to another level...it was floydian epic-rock at times

ima_drummer2k and Torn n Frayed like this.